Mock
Brewers thread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Brewers thread (/thread-11212.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Brewers thread - Blindgreed1 - 06-18-2014

(06-18-2014, 04:20 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Way Tasty
I went with my trusty Arrogant Bastard clone last weekend because It's getting pretty hot down here and a heavy dark beer just isn't the answer, but that dunkel looks like it's a hell of drug. hah

RE: Brewers thread - SIXFOOTERsez - 06-18-2014

AB has been one of my Favs ever since I found it several years ago. Loved the label, then found out its some good shit.
After 2 I got a good beer buzz going, after 3 I can't speak english

RE: Brewers thread - Blindgreed1 - 06-18-2014

(06-18-2014, 05:32 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: AB has been one of my Favs ever since I found it several years ago. Loved the label, then found out its some good shit.
After 2 I got a good beer buzz going, after 3 I can't speak english
Stone makes some powerful brews. Ruination immediately comes to mind. I lost 8 hours on that shit one night. hah

RE: Brewers thread - Blindgreed1 - 06-20-2014

Second staged the Blast Tyrant today.

RE: Brewers thread - crash - 06-20-2014

I met a buddy of mine at Stone last year for lunch. I could of stayed there for a week!

[Image: image_zps515b1cd3.jpg]

[Image: image_zps2984f40e.jpg]

^ if you ever see a bottle of that, buy it. Post it to me C.O.D...

RE: Brewers thread - Blindgreed1 - 06-20-2014

(06-20-2014, 05:48 PM)crash Wrote: I met a buddy of mine at Stone last year for lunch. I could of stayed there for a week!

[Image: image_zps515b1cd3.jpg]

[Image: image_zps2984f40e.jpg]

^ if you ever see a bottle of that, buy it. Post it to me C.O.D...
Was that here in the states?

RE: Brewers thread - crash - 06-20-2014

Yep. At the brewery at Escondido.

RE: Brewers thread - Blindgreed1 - 06-23-2014

(06-20-2014, 06:01 PM)crash Wrote: Yep. At the brewery at Escondido.
How often do you make it stateside?

RE: Brewers thread - crash - 06-23-2014

Not on a regular basis. I was over last year and the year before. Maybe later this year depending on how it fits with some other stuff.

RE: Brewers thread - Blindgreed1 - 07-01-2014

(06-23-2014, 04:46 PM)crash Wrote: Not on a regular basis. I was over last year and the year before. Maybe later this year depending on how it fits with some other stuff.
We should try to get together and spill a few if at all possible. I'll leave my music collection at home. hah

Bottling the Blast Tyrant tonight. It should be ready by the time my son's 26th B-day/fishing trip extravaganza begins on the 10th.

RE: Brewers thread - Cynical Ninja - 07-06-2014

My dad used to make wine.

The fruity taste and sweet aroma almost made you forget you were too drunk to stand up after about 3 glasses.

RE: Brewers thread - Blindgreed1 - 07-09-2014

(07-06-2014, 01:11 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: My dad used to make wine.

The fruity taste and sweet aroma almost made you forget you were too drunk to stand up after about 3 glasses.
Wine is not "brewed" STFU and GTFO fatass.

RE: Brewers thread - HairOfTheDog - 06-19-2015

This brew has been removed from the shelves of some chain stores in Ohio due to complaints about its offensive name. Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Duclaw Brewery founder Dave Benfield told the Baltimore Business Journal. “[The name’s] not meant to be offensive, it’s not meant to be derogatory… “We liked the phrase [Sweet Baby Jesus!], which at least to us, is a phrase of excitement or astonishment.”

[Image: sweet-baby-jesus-beer.jpg]

Anyway, I've never heard of peanut butter and chocolate beer; sounds kind of interesting.

Wonder if it's any good.

RE: Brewers thread - BlueTiki - 06-19-2015

Holy Christopher on a Cross!

Effin' beers going the way of potato chips.

I'm surprised there's not a Cap'n Crunch brew.

RE: Brewers thread - crash - 06-19-2015

There was a mob in Oregon that did a Voodoo Donut Beer. Maple Bacon, maple syrup and Krispy Kreme flavour donut burger in a beer. It was pretty good fresh.

RE: Brewers thread - BlueTiki - 06-19-2015

Dammit, crash!

That is my favorite Voodoo offering!

Hmmmm . . . now must rethink my previous position.

RE: Brewers thread - Blindgreed1 - 06-22-2015

Call me a purist, but I'm just not into it.

RE: Brewers thread - SIXFOOTERsez - 06-22-2015

Me either. I have tasted some that were nice, but its just not my thing. I would much rather concentrate on making a well balanced flavorful brew that is just a good beer, Not see how much hops I can stuff into a beer or what the most off the wall flavor I could put in there.
Pick something and do it well

RE: Brewers thread - crash - 06-22-2015

Voodoo Donut was made by Rogue out of Portland. The day I can make an example of style as good as they do, I'll be pretty fucking happy.

I don't mind Brewers who change it up a bit, in the interest of creating new things. If most beer drinkers hadn't experimented in the first place we'd all be drinking fucking miller lite or some other swill.

Sure, I don't want to have a session on a chocolate coffee porter or a bourbon barrel imperial stout, but one on a cold night is pretty great.

RE: Brewers thread - Blindgreed1 - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 06:20 PM)crash Wrote: Voodoo Donut was made by Rogue out of Portland. The day I can make an example of style as good as they do, I'll be pretty fucking happy.

I don't mind Brewers who change it up a bit, in the interest of creating new things. If most beer drinkers hadn't experimented in the first place we'd all be drinking fucking miller lite or some other swill.

Sure, I don't want to have a session on a chocolate coffee porter or a bourbon barrel imperial stout, but one on a cold night is pretty great.
Rogue makes a good product, i'm just not into beer/ale that doesn't taste like beer/ale. I'm not sold on the miller light statement. Guinness for instance is a time honored brew and it's dark color came from over cooking a batch of grains. It's modern technology and mass production that gave us the swill that is miller light.