Mock
the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: the 2014 trivial drivel thread (/thread-10768.html)

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - FAHQTOO - 03-30-2014

(03-30-2014, 10:25 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: *sigh* yeh it's not good. These are people's lives with genuine hurt feelings and people being damaged from the destructive hateful things they are saying to one another. It is not a positive tool that is proving anything. The guy that was hosting the reunion show was not equipped to manage the level of conflicts, he was a TV guy interviewer that's it. There is damage being done to people's lives as a result of these shows. That does not sit well with me.

hah

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - aussiefriend - 03-30-2014

Bitch....the hangover bit. I may get myself into an alcoholic stupor, but I know how to keep my legs shut!

(03-30-2014, 10:35 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: hah

woah, you gotta learn how to quote man, it's getting way out of order. Isn't there an evening class or a book "quoting for dummies" you can get?

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - FAHQTOO - 03-30-2014

(03-30-2014, 10:36 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Bitch....the hangover bit. I may get myself into an alcoholic stupor, but I know how to keep my legs shut!

(03-30-2014, 10:35 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: hah

woah, you gotta learn how to quote man, it's getting way out of order. Isn't there an evening class or a book "quoting for dummies" you can get?

My quote is perfectly fine. crazy lady.

Try again...or not.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - aussiefriend - 03-30-2014

(03-30-2014, 10:44 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: My quote is perfectly fine. crazy lady.

Try again...or not.

oh dear, maybe I can try and get you a referral to a professional who can help you? If not, you may need an intervention.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - ZEROSPHERES - 03-30-2014

(03-30-2014, 06:57 AM)Duchess Wrote: This little boy's Dad is an animator for Dreamworks. These very short videos are so fricken cool.

I loved every one of them. The little boydisappearing into the puddle and the toy that fires that rocket were my favorite.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - username - 03-31-2014

(03-30-2014, 08:07 AM)ramseycat Wrote: I saw that on GMA the other morning. It's so cool.

I started to say that that boy was one lucky kid but all the affects were probably added after. Shame. He'd have the coolest dad in the universe if the kid could actually do some of those things (except the puddle drowning thing).

(03-29-2014, 07:45 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I am posting this here because I don't think it falls under the category of celebrities. I have watched the Reunion special of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I am looking at it from a conflict resolution perspective. Got to say these arguments and problems that they are having are resolvable.

I really wish I was sitting in the mediator/interviewers seat so that I could initiate peace between these fighting bitching women. I cannot see how it moves the women's movement forward with all this hatred towards each other. It would take advanced communication skills to say the right thing that needs to be said.

I just want to help them work out their issues, which I can see are still unresolved but are totally possible to heal and move forward with more stronger loving genuine relationships.

The guy that is interviewing is a professional TV person, not a person qualified to handle such issues that are causing havoc in these peoples lives.

You're a complete nut. Why the fuck do you care enough to even bother typing ^^that^^ out?

The digital readout on the controller on my side of our sleep number bed hasn't worked for several years. Last night, my side of the bed felt a little firm to I started pressing the button down but I couldn't hear any air going out so I figured the whole thing might be broken. I woke up this morning feeling like a corn dog. I almost needed help getting out of the damn bed. It ate me overnight.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - aussiefriend - 03-31-2014

(03-31-2014, 01:53 AM)username Wrote: You're a complete nut. Why the fuck do you care enough to even bother typing ^^that^^ out?

There's the shit I was thinking I was going to cop for that. I watched the reunion show because there was conflict and I wanted to analyze it from a conflict resolution point of view. I don't think these shows are contributing to our society or beneficial to those that are participating.

Whether we like it or not, these reality shows have become a part of our psyche. It is probably being researched by sociologists and academics in much more depth than I am saying here.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Carsman - 03-31-2014

Anybody remember this?

[Image: sharletruse_zps5882c638.jpg]

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - BlueTiki - 03-31-2014

(03-31-2014, 03:19 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I watched the reunion show because there was conflict and I wanted to analyze it from a conflict resolution point of view. I don't think these shows are contributing to our society or beneficial to those that are participating.

Hahaha! Watching from a "conflict resolution" point of view!

If that is true, then these shows are contributing to society as an educational visual aid or simulation (as most is scripted).

Unfortunately, this contradicts your aforementioned opinion as you were watching to enhance your quasi-therapeutic skill set and it now becomes a direct benefit to YOU.

As these "actors" are being paid and paying taxes, I see it benefiting both society and the participants . . . not to mention all involved with the show, employed to ensure your continuing education.

^I don't think these women are contributing and I don't believe it is contributing to their lives either. In a truly beneficial way. They may make money out of their business ventures, but so what who cares? It is a part of our psyche today, that is the truth. It's not a pretty picture but this the way it is these days. I hate it. I watched the reunion not the whole damn season. I need not have, I got nothing out of it.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - FAHQTOO - 03-31-2014

(03-31-2014, 07:10 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: ^I don't think these women are contributing and I don't believe it is contributing to their lives either. In a truly beneficial way. They may make money out of their business ventures, but so what who cares? It is a part of our psyche today, that is the truth. It's not a pretty picture but this the way it is these days. I hate it. I watched the reunion not the whole damn season. I need not have, I got nothing out of it.

Why do you have to 'get' anything from a stupid reality show? Almost every show on the boob-tube is nothing more than mindless entertainment. Normal people know this when they sit down to watch it...but not you...noooo, you want to go "fix" everybody. Nobody would ever watch it again because nobody relates to your crazy way of thinking, crazy lady.

^ you can't fix retarded.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - aussiefriend - 04-01-2014

AND I was responding to Tiki, not you! Speak when you are spoken to, basic manners, something you are shockingly lacking.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - FAHQTOO - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 12:18 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: AND I was responding to Tiki, not you! Speak when you are spoken to, basic manners, something you are shockingly lacking.

hah

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - HairOfTheDog - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 05:34 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(04-01-2014, 12:18 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Speak when you are spoken to, basic manners, something you are shockingly lacking.

hah

Considering the source, I guess it is kinda funny in its irony.

"Speak when you are spoken to" = basic manners? Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Yeah, to rude people who always wanna be heard but never wanna listen, misogynists, misandrists, and one antagonistic crimson queen.

Such a command does indeed seem to reflect aussie's "psyche" -- like a looking glass... (The Red Queen at least realized how ridiculous she was after spouting such nonsense -- to be fair, she may have been a bit older and was certainly a whole lot wiser than Mock's conflict-resolutionist-in-the-making, though).

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - BlueTiki - 04-01-2014

(03-31-2014, 03:19 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Whether we like it or not, these reality shows have become a part of our psyche.

(03-31-2014, 07:10 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: It is a part of our psyche today, that is the truth.

(04-01-2014, 12:38 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Such a command does indeed seem to reflect aussie's "psyche" -- like a looking glass.

It is obvious Aussie doesn't understand the definition of "psyche".

HotD does (Surprise!).

"That is the truth."

I'm bettin' Aussie failed miserably in her cultural/cross-cultural psychology studies.

Just another effin' example of her amateur hour pontificating.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - crash - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 01:53 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: It is obvious Aussie doesn't understand the definition of "psyche".

hah

By her own admission;

(03-31-2014, 11:34 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: you can't fix retarded.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - FAHQTOO - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 12:38 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-01-2014, 05:34 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(04-01-2014, 12:18 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Speak when you are spoken to, basic manners, something you are shockingly lacking.

hah

Considering the source, I guess it is kinda funny in its irony.

"Speak when you are spoken to" = basic manners? Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Yeah, to rude people who always wanna be heard but never wanna listen, misogynists, misandrists, and one antagonistic crimson queen.

Such a command does indeed seem to reflect aussie's "psyche" -- like a looking glass.. (The Red Queen at least realized how ridiculous she was after spouting such nonsense -- to be fair, she may have been a bit older and certainly a whole lot wiser than Mock's conflict-resolutionist-in-the-making, though).

Speak when I'm spoken to...I'm still crackin up over that one.