Mock
The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... (/thread-9485.html)

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 04-20-2013

I'd put up some missing/ill posters.

What a bummer, Sally.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Duchess - 04-20-2013

(04-20-2013, 05:17 PM)sally Wrote: the basset hound is an idiot

Max 75

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - sally - 04-20-2013

My neighbor found him two streets over laying on the side of the road. I'm happy, but my pocketbook isn't. I just spent $1400 at the emergency clinic for blood work, x-rays, IV and to keep him untill Monday morning. No definite answer on whats wrong with him other than his blood count is low, the way his ribs are posistioned indicates a tumor is pressing against them and he has a fever.

Then Monday morning they'll tell me to see my regular vet where I'm sure he'll want to do more blood work and X-rays costing me another $300-$400 bucks just to tell me that he has a tumor and recommend me to a surgeon which will cost me another $2000-$3000. Fuck.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 04-20-2013

Ouch. Well at least you know where he is.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Maggot - 04-20-2013

Beat_deadhorse..........

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Eat Shit And Die - 04-21-2013

Even if he is about to die, you did the right thing Sally, being able to grant yourself some time to deal with it and get some closure, before Alan died I spent a few 1000 bucks on him in the weeks leading up to his death, but it was worth every cent to see him off, he kept running off down to the end of my old garden and half digging himself into the ground and resting, it was very upsetting and quite traumatizing considering I had raised and had him near 14 years, but I wouldn't have it any other way, you have my commiserations and I hope he does not take as long to pass on for you as mine did for me.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Duchess - 04-21-2013

(04-20-2013, 10:53 PM)sally Wrote: My neighbor found him two streets over laying on the side of the road.

I'm so glad he's been found. I know that's a lot of money but you're very lucky you had it so you could help him. I don't want to get too cheesy so I'm going to shut up now.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - sally - 04-21-2013

Thank you.

I don't know what I'm going to do with him on Monday. It looks like the only choice I'm going to have is to put him down or spend thousands testing for cancer and surgery. I don't know if that is worth putting a 12 year old dog through just to live another year or so, and that's if it even helps.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Duchess - 04-21-2013

I read that their lifespan is 10-12 yrs. with 11 being about average.

I know the pain of having to make this decision, it's so difficult and very saddening. I always wish this wasn't the price we pay for loving something.

I've thought about you & your dog away from Mock. I'd hug you but I'm scared you'll kick me.

Yeah it's not a great place to be, but just do whatevers best for the hound, I put mine down, buthe was in poorly shape, hope you are ok.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Maggot - 04-21-2013

A Moose can have 160,000 ticks on them at any given moment.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Jimbone - 04-21-2013

Very glad you found him.

They just called and said it's going to be an additional $800 to keep him stable until tomorrow because his temp is 105 now and he needs an ultrasound and another IV. I guess I'm just going to have him euthanized. I want to bring him home and have my vet euthanize him tomorrow so we can say goodbye to him here, but that's more for me than him. It's probably selfish to let him suffer through the night so I'll just have it done there. I have to a few beers first to prepare myself for it.

If it's the right thing to do it's the right thing to do, sorry for your loss.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 04-21-2013

(04-21-2013, 12:26 PM)sally Wrote: They just called and said it's going to be an additional $800 to keep him stable until tomorrow because his temp is 105 now and he needs an ultrasound and another IV. I guess I'm just going to have him euthanized. I want to bring him home and have my vet euthanize him tomorrow so we can say goodbye to him here, but that's more for me than him. It's probably selfish to let him suffer through the night so I'll just have it done there. I have to a few beers first to prepare myself for it.

Sad but I would do the same given his age and condition. I'm sorry.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - ramseycat - 04-21-2013

I'm sorry Sally. You're doing the right thing for him.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - JsMom - 04-21-2013

Damn! Sally, I'm sorry to hear that. It's for the best though. You know you don't want your pup suffering.

My choclate lab is 10 so I'm sure I'll be going through the same ordeal in a yr or so. He's like my child. I have had him since he was 5 weeks old. He even barks I Love You. 17

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Jimbone - 04-21-2013

Very sorry to hear Sally.

FWIW, you're doing the right thing.

He's gone. By the time I got there he was already starting to bleed out and had maybe an hour left if that. It only took 10 seconds to put him to sleep, I've never had to do that with a dog before. Now he's in the back of my car and I'm waiting for it to stop pouring raining so I can bury him. I'm never getting another pet again.

That emergency pet clinic was a fucking complete waste of money too. They told me that $1416.00 would keep him there untill Monday morning with antibiotics and medication to control the fever and then they call me the next morning and say that I have to pay another $800 for more medication because the first round didn't help, then I get there an hour later and he was pretty much already dead. So I paid an extra $65 for euthanasia just to get it over with. They were going to have me pay another $800 knowing that he was already beyond help.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 04-21-2013

That pisses me off! Assholes. I'm impressed you brought him home. That must be very hard but it's good he'll be buried at his home.

R.I.P.