Mock
The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... (/thread-9485.html)

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - ZEROSPHERES - 05-25-2013

User, I hope your son is O.K. Complications from sports injuries can have a nasty way of resurfacing later in life. So here's wishing him good luck in the future too. You are a great mom for allowing him this expression of his abilities and being there to support him. 44

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - ramseycat - 05-25-2013

OMG! That looks so painful. A few years ago after Thing 2's football game he got whacked in the nose by another players helmet. He just happened to turn around as the kid wax taking it off. Blood was pouring out of his nose. It took all I had not to run down to the field. The coach put ice on it right away and he was ok. But I was a mess.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 05-25-2013

(05-25-2013, 07:35 PM)ramseycat Wrote: It took all I had not to run down to the field.

Yeah, you want to but it would suck when you got there and your kid said "mom, get the fuck away from me".

*sigh* They're not babies anymore. Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - ramseycat - 05-25-2013

How DARE they grow up. Hhmppfff.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - crash - 05-25-2013

(05-25-2013, 07:24 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-25-2013, 07:20 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Remember 24? Nearly all the forums have been shut down there now.

I had heard a couple years ago that it was gasping its dying breath. My biggest & most fun memory of that site is of the Fox Klux Klan, Goatbitch and the rest of that godawful crew. Good times.

It must have almost killed that other asshat from Georgia with the antique shop when a jig was voted into the White House...haha! I would have paid to see his face.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Cynical Ninja - 05-26-2013

(05-25-2013, 06:47 PM)username Wrote: My son had a Rocky Balboa moment today. He was in a skate competition. He fell once and was limping when he got up. He kept skating. He fell again a few minutes later and this time, he literally sort of staggered to his feet. People around me were saying his elbow looked broken (I'm near sighted so I couldn't see shit) and one person even said it looked like a bone was sticking out. The announcer suggested my son come up to the front (leave the competition) but my son shook off his friends and kept skating and performing tricks. I told the parents around me that my son would kill me out of embarrassment if I intervened. So, he finished the last few minutes of the competition.

His elbow:

[Image: photo3_zps73f83e3d.jpg]

It's not as bad as it looks and probably not broken (more like some bursitis injury or something...they have a name for it in skateboarding). And yeah, thankfully no "bone sticking out". Anyway, he was definitely the kid with a lot of heart today plus he got 3rd place. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I used to be a professional skateboarder and injuries like that were almost like a badge of honour.

There was an old pop song who's chorus summed up the life of a skateboarder it went “I get knocked down but I get up again you're never gonna keep me down!”. Sort of sums up what life as a skateboarder is like.

My knees and back are all fucked up now but wouldn't change it for the world I had a great time.

(05-25-2013, 11:05 PM)crash Wrote: It must have almost killed that other asshat from Georgia with the antique shop when a jig was voted into the White House...haha! I would have paid to see his face.

He is still there posting anti Obama shit for the three other people that are still members there!

He came here and signed up as a member a while ago he left with his fucking tail between his legs after me and other members drove him to the brink!

The racist motherfucker just couldn't hack it. This is the man who claimed not to be racist but he once had an avatar of Obama with an afro and a slice of watermelon in his mouth! A man who when asked why there was so much crime in the south of the US posted a map showing the increasing number of black people living in the south and then denied he was racist!

What a fucking tosser!

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 05-26-2013

(05-26-2013, 12:57 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(05-25-2013, 06:47 PM)username Wrote: My son had a Rocky Balboa moment today. He was in a skate competition. He fell once and was limping when he got up. He kept skating. He fell again a few minutes later and this time, he literally sort of staggered to his feet. People around me were saying his elbow looked broken (I'm near sighted so I couldn't see shit) and one person even said it looked like a bone was sticking out. The announcer suggested my son come up to the front (leave the competition) but my son shook off his friends and kept skating and performing tricks. I told the parents around me that my son would kill me out of embarrassment if I intervened. So, he finished the last few minutes of the competition.

His elbow:

[Image: photo3_zps73f83e3d.jpg]

It's not as bad as it looks and probably not broken (more like some bursitis injury or something...they have a name for it in skateboarding). And yeah, thankfully no "bone sticking out". Anyway, he was definitely the kid with a lot of heart today plus he got 3rd place. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I used to be a professional skateboarder and injuries like that were almost like a badge of honour.

I know that about you and I think of you often when I watch my son "fly". It's a great sport. Scary though.

He plays rugby too so you have that in common as well. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I used to love rugby nothing better than having a bloke twice your size stamping on your head!

I love American football but all that padding and those helmets?

Pussies!

(05-26-2013, 01:44 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I used to love rugby nothing better than having a bloke twice your size stamping on your head!

I love American football but all that padding and those helmets?

Pussies!

Yeah. I still like football but in rugby my son is the one who throws the ball in the scrum and he's the kicker too. Is that fly half? Anyway, I love rugby. I watched my husband play for years. Great sport.

No its usually the scrum half who throws the ball into the scrum.

The scrum half is usually the most adept passer/ball handler.

I was a back, a winger, all pace and speed, a case of catch me if you can motherfucker!

(05-26-2013, 02:08 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: No its usually the scrum half who throws the ball into the scrum.

The scrum half is usually the most adept passer/ball handler.

I was a back, a winger, all pace and speed, a case of catch me if you can motherfucker!

Thanks. I should know this stuff but I don't. Smiley_emoticons_slash I do know enough to follow and enjoy the game though!

There are two codes or rugby in the UK and Australia rugby union and rugby league.

I love them both but I played union not league, technically as a northerner I should have played league its seen primarily as a northern sport.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Duchess - 05-28-2013

I'm feeling slightly embarrassed that I'm quickly approaching thirty three thousand posts. Jesus Christ. My only consolation is that it has taken 5 yrs. to get to this point.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Cynical Ninja - 05-28-2013

(05-28-2013, 08:01 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm feeling slightly embarrassed that I'm quickly approaching thirty three thousand posts. Jesus Christ. My only consolation is that it has taken 5 yrs. to get to this point.

But like you have always said yourself Mock is your baby.

A good mother always wants to spend time with her baby.

(05-28-2013, 08:10 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: A good mother always wants to spend time with her baby.

hah

Thanks! That made me laugh.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - ZEROSPHERES - 05-28-2013

Life sucks when things don't go as planned. An unwanted baby flushed down the toilet by mom clogs the apartment house sewer pipe.

Mom may have been on her smart phone multitasking and had to make a crucial last minute decision as to which one should be saved from inevitable loss. When answering a survey she also stated she would rather do without sex than do without her smart phone for a week.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/world/chinese-newborn-baby-flushed-down-toilet-rescued-from-sewage-pipe_851351.html

I inadvertently saw that on the morning news. I didn't mean to look but I never dreamed they would show the baby being cut out of the pipe.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Cynical Ninja - 05-28-2013

“Here's your baby madam we managed to save it!”

”Oh!....erm...I mean...thank god!...yes...how did it get in there!?....it must have been a terrible accident!...yes...an accident”