Mock
the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: the 2014 trivial drivel thread (/thread-10768.html)

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 02-03-2014

28 Aww shit

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Adub - 02-03-2014

(02-03-2014, 07:42 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't mind if grannies are posting naked around here.

But, Adub usually has an interesting av; a little curious as to what she'll roll out next.

EDIT: Sorry, Adub, posting at the same time. Gotta be a great day for you and your son and the whole family.

Is the baby's brother old enough to understand what's going on?

Baby Jacob is the first born son of my son. I do have another grandson but he is the first born son of my daughter #2. She is currently failing as a mother, so therefore I have legal and physical custody of Gavin. He is 6. And he is my heart. Right now, he is at the desktop indulging in his fantasy world of minecraft.

So, Gavi is Jacob's cousin. My solemn meditation is that I never need to have the need to petition for legal and physical custody of Jacob. His mom is just too sweet. I was troubled by her today, though. Not in a bad way, just my compassionate side coming out. Jacob was delivered by C-section and she is feeling disappointed in herself.

(02-03-2014, 07:55 PM)username Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 04:00 PM)JsMom Wrote: User, How is your daughter doing? How is everyone handling her being away? I hope all is well. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Thanks for asking! All is well...I'm right as rain!

Brainexplode

I'm lost. Where the hell did you send her. Last I read, you were homeshooling her. Indulge me please, I need some distraction.

National Yogurt Day.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/consumer&id=9415689

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - HairOfTheDog - 02-03-2014

Your daughter #2 is lucky to have you step in or take over, or whatever the case.

I really hope she comes around and gets her priorities straight before she loses her chances with her son altogether, Adub.

Anyway, good that you and Gavin have each other, though he's probably well on his way to becoming an intuitive, matter-of-fact, smart-ass. Not a bad thing, in the least.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Eat Shit And Die - 02-04-2014

Congratulations on your new family addition Adub.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Carsman - 02-04-2014

Congrats on the new addition to your family Adub.

Hopefully #2 daughter will get it together, and becomes the mother you would like her to be.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Adub - 02-04-2014

Daughter is home sleeping. She does that a couple of times a month. I have not kicked her out. This is still her home, but, dang she is a mess. Dropped out of college, lost her job, lost her license, got her car impounded. Yep, pretty much a mess. And, I am just the resident enabler. The court just put her in the PC 1000 program, like that is going to do any good. Now she is court ordered to hang out with all the other druggies in town.

Look if she wants to get clean she will do it inspite all that, if she doesn't want to she will never get clean no matter what you do or say, its her choice that matters.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Teacher - 02-04-2014

I don't want to steal Adub's thunder, but I FINALLY became a grandmother for the first time Jan. 6. I have wanted to be a grandmother for at least 20 years, and now that I'm too damn old to probably even hold him, my wish has come true. 9 lbs.- 23" long and also like Adub's daughter-in-law, she had to have a C-section. Don't want to brag (ahem) but he is probably the cutest, sweetest grandson a grandma could ever have. Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 02-04-2014

(02-04-2014, 01:48 PM)Teacher Wrote: I don't want to steal Adub's thunder, but I FINALLY became a grandmother for the first time Jan. 6. I have wanted to be a grandmother for at least 20 years, and now that I'm too damn old to probably even hold him, my wish has come true. 9 lbs.- 23" long and also like Adub's daughter-in-law, she had to have a C-section. Don't want to brag (ahem) but he is probably the cutest, sweetest grandson a grandma could ever have. Smiley_emoticons_smile

You are not too old! Stop. Are you confined?

I read (or heard) that when a child is born, so is a grandmother. Congratulations! Unless you already have it, go out & buy your copy of Good Night Moon.

All of you who mention stealing someone's thunder crack me up.

9lbs, like a cannonball. Congrats teacher.

(02-04-2014, 02:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-04-2014, 01:48 PM)Teacher Wrote: I don't want to steal Adub's thunder, but I FINALLY became a grandmother for the first time Jan. 6. I have wanted to be a grandmother for at least 20 years, and now that I'm too damn old to probably even hold him, my wish has come true. 9 lbs.- 23" long and also like Adub's daughter-in-law, she had to have a C-section. Don't want to brag (ahem) but he is probably the cutest, sweetest grandson a grandma could ever have. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I read (or heard) that when a child is born, so is a grandmother. Congratulations! Unless you already have it, go out & buy your copy of Good Night Moon.

I bought my newest grandson "On the Night You Were Born". Gawd, it is the sweetest book ever! For Gavi, I bought him "Grandfather Twilight".

Teacher, 9lbs is huge! My son was a 9lber and I didn't have C-section. Sure did make my mind up that he was the last, tho. Hope they live nearby. Just not in your house.

I'm gettin' a kick out of this sappy side of you, Adub.

(02-04-2014, 01:22 PM)Eat Shit And Die Wrote: Look if she wants to get clean she will do it inspite all that, if she doesn't want to she will never get clean no matter what you do or say, its her choice that matters.

I know, I know, I know. She was such a late bloomer. Absolutely no signs of this happening until about 2 years ago when she was 23 years old. I'm telling you she didn't drink or smoke or anything. Then bam! Only reason I still put up with her shit is because we made a deal. She signs over custody to me, and I don't kick her ass out. That was all I could come up with at the time, so here we are.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - HairOfTheDog - 02-04-2014

You've earned bragging rights through sheer patience, Teacher.

Congratulations! What a great way to start a new year.

Btw, we've seen your picture, remember? You don't seem anywhere near too old to handle and enjoy a little one for years and years to come (just don't let the dementia lead you into attempting breastfeeding or anything like that). Smiley_emoticons_smile

I just went & looked for her picture. She can't claim old yet for godssake. Old isn't old like it used to be. I've spent time around my retired parents & their retired friends. Those people were on the go from sun up to sun down with things to do and places to go. I was more old than them, I needed a break.

(02-04-2014, 02:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:

You are not too old! Stop. Are you confined?

All of you who mention stealing someone's thunder crack me up.

Yeah, I am old - a lot of my friends are great-grandmothers. No, I'm not confined. I just like to exaggerate how awful old age is to make the rest of you dread it. Smiley_emoticons_smile AND to make you appreciate how lucky you are to be so young.

Thanks for the congrats - I am beyond thrilled - didn't think it would ever happen. I am one happy camper!

Thanks for the congratulations from the rest of you that I just read. Yeah, he was/is a whopper! I expect since he was half-grown that he'll be talking any day now. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Fortunately, it's not the son who lives in Portland, OR. My other son is about 1 12 hours away from me - so far enough away for them I'm sure, but too far to suit me. (I want to see him every day.) At least I'm NOT too old to drive yet!!! And now I understand, HotD, why he kept screaming when I tried to breast feed him - that damn dementia!

P.S. That picture was photoshopped to make me appear younger.

Just joking.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - ramseycat - 02-04-2014

Thing 1 started his first day if private school today. I have to but him a gym uniform. As if I don't already pay enough in tuition. And I had to but him slacks and dress shirts. They should give us the damn uniform.