Mock
the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: the 2014 trivial drivel thread (/thread-10768.html)

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - sally - 05-12-2014

I caught my 16 year old son smoking pot in his room last night which kind of shocked me. I know some of his friends smoke it, but he has never shown any signs that he smokes it. He does well in school, sports, works part time, he's responsible driving and has never stayed out past his curfew, and he hates cigarettes so much I'd never think he'd smoke pot. It was late and I was going to get my phone charger out of his room so I just told him to put that shit out and I'll talk to him about it later. My husband was sleeping so I didn't tell him.

Not sure what to say to him that won't just go in one ear and out the other. There are worse things he could be doing, but I'd still rather him not do it and now I can't let him drive anymore knowing he's smoking it. He's going to ask me not to tell his dad because he knows he'll flip out and he won't be able to leave the house except for school and work for the next 2 years.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - crash - 05-12-2014

Shoot the son and bury him in the back yar... Oh, hang on, that's the solution for the husband and wireless issue.

Maybe think about all the shit you did when you were 16 and how your mother dealt with it verses how you would have like it dealt with.

Or you could always fly Dono to Florida for some behaviour modification. You know, make him sit in the central pot smoking area where everyone can see him but nobody pays him any attention..

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-12-2014

(05-12-2014, 09:35 AM)sally Wrote: Not sure what to say to him that won't just go in one ear and out the other. There are worse things he could be doing, but I'd still rather him not do it and now I can't let him drive anymore knowing he's smoking it. He's going to ask me not to tell his dad because he knows he'll flip out and he won't be able to leave the house except for school and work for the next 2 years.

Out of all the positives he has one negative. I don't think this kid is doing anything concerning, but really, what the hell do I know. You said yourself he's a responsible individual. If this is the worst thing he has done, you are a very lucky parent.

LOL when I was 14 my dad caught me and my friend smoking pot and he sent me to this summer camp/ behavioral program for adolescents and NA would hold their meetings there. We had to sit through it and listen to junkies talk about how they knew they hit rock bottom when they were sucking dick for crack. Then we were all made to read the NA book aka "The Big Book". I asked my dad to please let me come home because this is really fucking weird.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - HairOfTheDog - 05-12-2014

That sounds like a surreal experience.

I bet you've never given in to those overwhelming urges to light up a crack pipe, though.

That's a tough dilemma with your son. Do you think you'll tell your husband or try to work it out with your son first? I don't envy you having to make that decision.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - ramseycat - 05-12-2014

Doesn't your husband smoke pot Sally? Kinda hard to say do as I say not as I do.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - username - 05-12-2014

(05-12-2014, 10:44 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Doesn't your husband smoke pot Sally? Kinda hard to say do as I say not as I do.

What you meant to say is Sally's husband sounds like a hypocritical bastard, right? Although somehow it's ok for those of us over 18 or 21 to get sloppy drunk, but not the minors. You could always use the brain is still developing, it's a hazard for youth argument.

I ran away for a couple of nights last week (by myself). It was heaven. My family is making me nuts. SO nuts, they caused me to side swipe a car parking at the gym this morning. Every fiber of my being said it would buff out and RUN but I left a stupid note this time.2nd time in the same parking lot FFS. Why do they make parking spaces scooter sized these days? Huh??

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - ramseycat - 05-12-2014

Well User, I don't get sloppy drunk. I'm just asking Sally a question. She doesn't seem too freaked out about it. But she indicated her husband would be. So yea, it's hypocritical of him to freak out when he does it. And has probably done it since he was their sons age.

I don't blame you for running away. I have wanted to many times. Family had a way of driving us totally batty.

(05-12-2014, 10:44 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Doesn't your husband smoke pot Sally? Kinda hard to say do as I say not as I do.

Yep, he smokes it everyday and my son already knows not to pull the "well you do it too" card. My husband's father left him here from another country with a jar of pennies and he has been taking care of himself since he was 15 years old, he'll have him doing hard labor all summer and paying his share of the bills if he wants to smoke pot after a hard day of work. When he's an adult and can take care of himself then he can smoke his brains out if he wants to.

I told my husband to have a talk with him because his friends were over here the other day and they smelled like pot, which is true. That way he still gets bitched out and lectured without me having to actually tell on him when I said I wouldn't.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Maggot - 05-12-2014

Let your husband catch him that way you can say I never said nuttin. Or tell him that your husband can find out the hard way by catching him or he could do the right thing like a man and go tell him. let them work it out and just be there on the side helping him with your soothing words or just be there so you can gain your sons confidence for future fucktupness.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Maggot - 05-12-2014

sorry didn't see your post there sally banana.

I'm the easy going parent, the one who is calm and will talk to them like an adult. My husband is the one whose veins bulge out of his head looking all crazy and scares the shit out of everyone.

I feel sorry for your son. Nothing like that feeling of waiting for the shit to hit the fan.

(05-12-2014, 05:37 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I feel sorry for your son. Nothing like that feeling of waiting for the shit to hit the fan.

I can't even smoke a cigarette around him without him telling me to put that nasty thing out. But that little do gooder can smoke weed in my house at midnight, oh hell no. hah

In all fairness, he wasn't expecting his Mom to barge into his room at midnight. He probably damn near had a coronary.

Are you sticking up for him lol. It's really not a big deal, just something I wasn't expecting because he's never shown any signs of doing it. Plus he's planning on being a chiropractor because his bright idea is that the old ladies will flock to his good looks, I don't know if he's going to be college material fucking around with his friends smoking weed. Yes, I know plenty of successful people got through college smoking weed.

(05-12-2014, 07:09 PM)sally Wrote: Are you sticking up for him lol.

hah Yes. I think he's deserving of being cut a small break. Yeah, he's 16 but he's still grinding in school (many aren't), he's a responsible, productive individual who has never given you cause for concern. His positives outweigh his negatives and I believe that has bought him an opportunity to kinda slide a bit.

Yeah, he ended up telling my husband that he has smoked it a few times and my husband was as calm as a canary. But the other night when they went bowling my husband had a shit fit because he disrespected him by saying he was sick of waiting around with him and his butt buddies. Apparently calling his bowling team "butt buddies" is much worse. Meh.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-13-2014

(05-12-2014, 10:50 PM)sally Wrote: Yeah, he ended up telling my husband

See. Whatta awesome kid. I imagine that took some nerve and he faced it. He owned his own bs and that's admirable.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-13-2014

Ewww. Fuckity fuck.

There is video, I am not posting it.

Rep. Joe Garcia (D-Fla.) is about to learn a valuable lesson: C-SPAN is always watching.

During a House Judiciary Committee meeting last week, the Democrat picked his ear and ate whatever he found there while Rep. Suzan DelBene (D-Wash.) testified.