Mock
WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? (/thread-11420.html)

Pages: 1 2

WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? - Duchess - 08-31-2014

The school claims this child merely fell to the ground while playing. The little girl told her mom she was repeatedly kicked until she fell off the slide. The police won't investigate because they say no crime has been committed. Are these injuries compatible with simply falling to the ground while playing?

Story

[Image: article-2739094-20F2521F00000578-397_306x423.jpg] [Image: article-2739094-20F2521500000578-787_306x423.jpg]

RE: WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? - ramseycat - 08-31-2014

I saw this on FB. IDK. She could have fallen off the slide on her face. But would a child that age make up a story like that? I need more information.

RE: WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? - Cutz - 08-31-2014

Police probably shot her off the slide, then covered it up. White ones.

RE: WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? - sally - 08-31-2014

Fuck no, if I picked up my baby from school looking like that there would be hell to pay.

RE: WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? - sally - 08-31-2014

Those injuries aren't consistent with falling at the playground. She has two black eyes, a bloody nose and a fat lip. What kind of bullshit is that. I'd be furious.

RE: WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? - HairOfTheDog - 09-01-2014

(08-31-2014, 06:42 PM)sally Wrote: Those injuries aren't consistent with falling at the playground. She has two black eyes, a bloody nose and a fat lip. What kind of bullshit is that. I'd be furious.

How the hell do you send your child back to school if she comes home like that and you're told there's no crime and that's that? I would not send her back, for her own safety.

I understand that if there were really no adults present on the playground that it would be difficult for police to interview a bunch of toddlers. And, even if they were able to get good information and it turned out the little girl was beaten up, it's not like police are gonna charge a toddler with assault and battery anyway.

But, I do think there's cause for investigation to try to figure out what happened and invoke some measures to minimize the chances of it happening again, FCS. I wonder what, if anything, the school is doing.

RE: WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? - sally - 09-01-2014

I realize you can't interrogate a bunch of five year olds, but the school should be held accountable and investigated. Those injuries are too severe to just say oh there wasn't an adult present so we're just going to claim she did it herself. First of all there is supposed to be an adult present at all times, the teacher that was responsible for that class should be fired. Where was the teacher or PE coach when she was getting the shit beat out of her, jerking off in the bathroom?

RE: WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? - Duchess - 09-01-2014

I don't know how anyone could look at that child & say her injuries don't need to be investigated. That's outrageous. If that were my kid I don't know as I would have been able to keep my shit together when I picked her up & saw that.

(08-31-2014, 02:06 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I saw this on FB. IDK. She could have fallen off the slide on her face. But would a child that age make up a story like that? I need more information.

Look at her face you idiot, what more information do you need?

This is how AvaLynn looked when she started her first week of school -

[Image: article-2739094-20F2523B00000578-541_306x423.jpg]

RE: WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? - ramseycat - 09-01-2014

(09-01-2014, 10:54 AM)sally Wrote:
(08-31-2014, 02:06 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I saw this on FB. IDK. She could have fallen off the slide on her face. But would a child that age make up a story like that? I need more information.

Look at her face you idiot, what more information do you need?

Who's the other kid? Was she on the slide alone? Or was there really another kid? Why wasn't there any adult supervision? And why does there need to be a Gofundme account?? Get your head out of your ass Sally. Dumb bitch.

(08-31-2014, 02:06 PM)ramseycat Wrote: IDK. She could have fallen off the slide on her face.

Your words, asshole. If you picked up your 5 year old from school looking like that, you'd just shrug and say I guess it's possible? I've never seen a kid fall off a slide and get up looking like they've been punched in the face repeatedly.

No I wouldn't. But doesn't it seem weird to you that no one believes her story? And I am always suspicious when someone starts a Gofundme account.

This is from Snopes -

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014, Lacey Harris was called go come pick up her daughter at Arlington Elementary School in Pascagoula, Mississippi, because AvaLynn had been injured in an accident. The sight Lacey found when she got to Ava's school was a parents' nightmare: her face swollen, cut, and bruised beyond recognition.

Lacey rushed Ava to the family pediatrician, who burst into tears upon seeing the Ava's battered visage. Fortunately, the doctor determined that it is unlikely that Ava would have any permanent physical damage. Mental and emotional damage is another story altogether.

AvaLynn informed Lacey that she was assaulted by another student: that she was kicked repeatedly in the face until she fell off of the slide on the school's playground. The school informed Lacey were no teachers present when the incident occurred, and because of that, no one could prove whether or not another student had harmed Ava.

After days of Lacey, friends, and family members reaching out to local news stations and to Facebook and other social media bodies, the school finally released a statement: AvaLynn was injured as the result of an accident, one that involved no other children. Although a police report was filed, Pascagoula Police Department states that they are not investigating the situation.

The school basically claims that Ava injured herself, as all the photos depicting her injuries will debunk. The local PD claims that there has been no criminal act, which the injury photos also disprove.

So now we've taken this to Facebook, asking everyone out there to please share this page, to please share AvaLynn's story. We need this to reach as many people as possible so that this little girl will not go without justice. Please share this with your friends, your relatives, and all your local news outlets. Please help us get the answers and the justice that our little angel deserves.

Origins: On the evening of 29 August, photos of a small girl began to trend on Twitter with the hashtag #JusticeForAvaLynn. However, the graphic images that went viral on Twitter lacked context in many of the retweets, leaving users confused and worried for the little girl depicted in the photos.

The Facebook page Justice for AvaLynn has accumulated more than 9,000 fans in the short time it has been live, and it features many pictures of the injuries allegedly sustained by AvaLynn in what her mother says was a playground attack.

In addition to the Facebook campaign to draw attention to AvaLynn's plight, a Go Fund Me page has been established for the girl's family, to help with "AvaLynn's medical needs, travel expenses, legal fees, etc. due to AvaLynn's mother's lost wages." Thus far, the page has raised more than $2,000 of a $10,000 goal for these expenses.

A local news site corroborates that a little girl named AvaLynn in Pascagoula, Mississippi was the subject of a police report. Mother Lacey Harris filed the report on Thursday, 28 August, after she says school administrators failed to properly address the injuries sustained by AvaLynn during the alleged playground incident.

Pascagoula Police Department Lt. Jim Roe told GulfLive.com that Harris filed a report, explaining:

"The mother alleges another child kicked her child on the slide ... Right now, there's no indication something criminal took place. I have spoken with school security and an assistant superintendent is investigating the matter."

In a statement, the Pascagoula School District denied the involvement of any other children in the injuries Harris says daughter AvaLynn sustained:

"A student was injured while playing on the playground at Arlington Elementary School Tuesday afternoon. School officials responded to the situation. The parent was contacted and the student received medical treatment. No other children were involved in the incident. The Pascagoula School District remains committed to the safety of all its students."

While the "Justice For AvaLynn" hashtag continues to trend, police in Pascagoula said there is no active investigation into the incident involving the little girl.

(09-01-2014, 12:07 PM)ramseycat Wrote: No I wouldn't. But doesn't it seem weird to you that no one believes her story? And I am always suspicious when someone starts a Gofundme account.

What story? All she knows is that she dropped her child off at school perfectly fine and the school called her that there was an accident, but they don't know what happened because there was no supervision. The little girl said she was beat up which looks more than likely.

The account was set up for doctor bills that the school won't take responsibility for. And those injuries are significant enough that she would need to be taken to the ER for CT scans.

(09-01-2014, 12:07 PM)ramseycat Wrote: doesn't it seem weird to you that no one believes her story?

I believe the story and there are many like me who do as well. It's the school who is saying it didn't happen. What can they say? They had 20 unsupervised kids on the playground. Another kid told his mom that a boy was kicking Ava.

Here's a link to the FB page that has been set up. You'll find an explanation for the gofundme account there.

https://www.facebook.com/justice4ava

I didn't hear that another kid saw what happened. Were there other kids? I'm not saying I don't believe the little girl. Obviously something happened to her. And I know the fund is for medical bills. Maybe I'm too cynical but these fund me things always around my suspicions.

Every time I read "gofundme" I think about starting one for Mock just for the hell of it. I think it's hysterical that a man got over ten grand when he made an account for potato salad.

RE: WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? - Cutz - 09-01-2014

Her injuries do not look consistent with a fall. If the black eye / swollen cheek were all on one side, like her lower right cheek and substantial right black eye, maybe. Two bruised eyes, tho, really tells me it wasn't a simple fall. Police can't really investigate, but the school has to assume responsibility.

I worked at a public High School for some time. Rule number 1 is 'never leave kids alone.' I babysat quite a few teacher's class rooms so their ass was covered while they ran to the bathroom/car. It's too late after the fact to dissociate blame. Literally the worst case scenario could be true. An adult could have wandered onto school grounds, propositioned this young girl for sex, offered her drugs, and when she refused, beat her mercilessly. I agree with Sally, somebody should be fired.

RE: WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? - FAHQTOO - 09-01-2014

(09-01-2014, 08:03 PM)Cutz Wrote: Her injuries do not look consistent with a fall. If the black eye / swollen cheek were all on one side, like her lower right cheek and substantial right black eye, maybe. Two bruised eyes, tho, really tells me it wasn't a simple fall. Police can't really investigate, but the school has to assume responsibility.

I worked at a public High School for some time. Rule number 1 is 'never leave kids alone.' I babysat quite a few teacher's class rooms so their ass was covered while they ran to the bathroom/car. It's too late after the fact to dissociate blame. Literally the worst case scenario could be true. An adult could have wandered onto school grounds, propositioned this young girl for sex, offered her drugs, and when she refused, beat her mercilessly. I agree with Sally, somebody should be fired.

I agree it's the schools fault. Where in the hell is the supervision? There were even adults on the playground when I went to grade school a 100 years ago.