Mock
Trump for president - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: Trump for president (/thread-12458.html)

RE: Trump for president - Duchess - 07-08-2016

Ted Cruz is going to speak on Donald's behalf at the convention and he says he's happy to do so. Happy! Ahahaha! This, after Donald makes disparaging remarks about his wife and accuses his father of being involved in the assassination of President Kennedy. Whatta fucked up individual. 78

RE: Trump for president - Carsman - 07-08-2016

News Flash!
Just read where the Donald said today, he may not run for POTUS if nominated!

(That can't be true, can it? Anything to stay in the headlines)

RE: Trump for president - HairOfTheDog - 07-08-2016

Donald Trump released a public statement following the execution of five police officers in Dallas last night.

I hope he continues to be thoughtful in his statements on the topic. The content and tone of this release was a welcome change.

Statement:

Last night’s horrific execution-style shootings of 12 Dallas law enforcement officers – five of whom were killed and seven wounded- is an attack on our country. It is a coordinated, premeditated assault on the men and women who keep us safe.

We must restore law and order. We must restore the confidence of our people to be safe and secure in their homes and on the street.

The senseless, tragic deaths of two motorists in Louisiana and Minnesota reminds us how much more needs to be done.

This morning I offer my thoughts and prayers for all of the victims’ families, and we pray for our brave police officers and first responders who risk their lives to protect us every single day.

Our nation has become too divided. Too many Americans feel like they’ve lost hope. Crime is harming too many citizens. Racial tensions have gotten worse, not better. This isn’t the American Dream we all want for our children.

This is a time, perhaps more than ever, for strong leadership, love and compassion. We will pull through these tragedies.

(07-08-2016, 11:14 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The content and tone of this release was a welcome change.

...because (chances are) someone else wrote it.

RE: Trump for president - Donovan - 07-08-2016

(07-07-2016, 11:19 AM)Maggot Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 09:41 AM)Donovan Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 08:37 AM)Maggot Wrote: Why would he have to pick a politician?

Yeah, because the only possible way to improve on hiring a completely inept and unqualified person to run an entire country, is to hire two of them.

So you think that politicians are the only ones that can govern? Citizens do not have the capacity to make the right choices? I would think that Washington could use a bit of common sense.

I don't want a bathroom attendant flying any airplanes either. We just had eight years of excellent common sense in the white house, and what do you know, it wasn't good enough for you people. What Trump offers is not common sense in any definition of the word, and it's certainly not what his supporters are exhibiting.

(07-07-2016, 11:39 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 09:41 AM)Donovan Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 08:37 AM)Maggot Wrote: Why would he have to pick a politician?

Yeah, because the only possible way to improve on hiring a completely inept and unqualified person to run an entire country, is to hire two of them.
To be fair hitting "reply all" (as you down played it) from your own personal server on a classified national security document could easily be perceived as inept as well so...

Details are showing that very likely didn't occur. Details provided by your very own golden boy FBI dude Comey. But of course the actual truth has never gotten in the way of a good witch hunt.

That buffoon basically threatened a Senator yesterday. Trump told Senator Flake if he didn't change his tune (he's been critical of Trump) that he would work to defeat him. Flake had to tell him that he wasn't up for reelection until 2018.

When Trump tried to impress upon everyone gathered there that he wouldn't let them down, he turned to his daughter to have her confirm that. He's a ridiculous twat.

"The senseless tragic deaths of two motorists" indicates to me he had no idea of what occured in Louisiana or Minnesota. And the subtle twisting of events to tie those two events to crime being out of control is also troubling. One of those two men was killed over a broken taillight, the other for selling cd's in order to support his family. Hardly hardened criminals. And both in possession of completely legal firearms NOT being used in commission of crimes.

RE: Trump for president - HairOfTheDog - 07-08-2016

(07-08-2016, 11:44 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 11:14 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The content and tone of this release was a welcome change.

Could be.

Whoever wrote it clearly isn't very familiar with the details surrounding Alton Sterling's death in Baton Rouge. He was not a "motorist", he was selling CDs on the sidewalk, like he did for years, before he was shot to death while being restrained by police.

Anyway, Trump could have used the police executions to once again disparage and blame minorities. He didn't. Then again...the day is still young.

RE: Trump for president - sally - 07-08-2016

(07-08-2016, 12:03 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 11:44 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Could be.

Whoever wrote it clearly isn't very familiar with the details surrounding Alton Sterling's death in Baton Rouge. He was not a "motorist", he was selling CDs on the sidewalk, like he did for years, before he was shot to death while being restrained by police.

Well then it surely sounds like him.

RE: Trump for president - Blindgreed1 - 07-08-2016

(07-08-2016, 12:01 PM)Donovan Wrote: "The senseless tragic deaths of two motorists" indicates to me he had no idea of what occured in Louisiana or Minnesota. And the subtle twisting of events to tie those two events to crime being out of control is also troubling. One of those two men was killed over a broken taillight, the other for selling cd's in order to support his family. Hardly hardened criminals. And both in possession of completely legal firearms NOT being used in commission of crimes.
I thought the guy in Louisiana was a felon and couldn't legally own a gun?

RE: Trump for president - BigMark - 07-08-2016

I suspect they were pirated cd's and if so he was commiting a crime while armed.

It would appear he was committing a crime by being brown.

RE: Trump for president - Duchess - 07-11-2016

Trump has stated that all the speaking slots at the Republican convention have been filled, he went on to say so many people have wanted to speak that he's had to turn away many, yet, he won't release details of who is speaking. Why would that be?

RE: Trump for president - Duchess - 07-12-2016

Yeah! *applauds*

RE: Trump for president - Duchess - 07-13-2016

What do y'all think about Justice Ginsburg's criticism of Donald? Did she go too far? Some are saying she has, others are saying she exercised her 1st amendment and still others are saying we could have another election fiasco like Bush/Gore and she'd have to recuse herself. I don't see scenario happening at all and then there are those who say Justice Scalia did it all the time.

RE: Trump for president - HairOfTheDog - 07-13-2016

(07-13-2016, 01:03 PM)Duchess Wrote: What do y'all think about Justice Ginsburg's criticism of Donald? Did she go too far? Some are saying she has, others are saying she exercised her 1st amendment and still others are saying we could have another election fiasco like Bush/Gore and she'd have to recuse herself. I don't see scenario happening at all and then there are those who say Justice Scalia did it all the time.

Justice Ginsburg's public statements deriding Trump surprise me. As far as I know, it's really unheard of for a Supreme Court Justice to make such comments about a presidential candidate.

It makes me wonder if she's planning to retire after the election. She has to know that publicly calling Trump 'a faker who would endanger the country' (my paraphrase) will call into question her objectivity in deciding future cases if he's elected (even by some people who agree with her assessment of Trump).

Personally, I don't doubt Ginsburg's ability to follow the law and interpret the Constitution fairly regardless of who's in the White House. But, I can see why others would be doubtful about it now.

Anyway, I like Ginsburg, but I don't think she's hurting Trump. I think she's more likely endangering her own reputation and legacy by engaging in a verbal feud with a presidential candidate. Maybe she thinks it worth it to be on record as warning voters about Trump? I don't know.

RE: Trump for president - HairOfTheDog - 07-14-2016

[Image: 160712-ginsberg-trump-jsw-506p_c19916901...20-320.jpg]

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg slammed Trump three times in the last week, referring to him as a "faker" who "really has an ego" and "has no consistency about him." She joked she might move to New Zealand if he were elected president.

"I can't imagine what this place would be — I can't imagine what the country would be — with Donald Trump as our president," Ginsburg, 83, told the New York Times in an interview published online on Sunday.

In response, Trump called Ginsburg's remarks "dumb," and tweeted: "Her mind is shot — resign!"

Today, Ginsburg apologized -- I think she did the right thing. "On reflection, my recent remarks in response to press inquiries were ill-advised and I regret making them," Ginsburg said in a statement issued by the court. "Judges should avoid commenting on a candidate for public office. In the future I will be more circumspect."

Story: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ruth-bader-ginsburg-i-regret-ill-advised-criticisms-donald-trump-n609291

RE: Trump for president - Duchess - 07-14-2016

Bah. I understand why she apologized but I hate that she felt she had to. He's an insufferable cocksucka.

RE: Trump for president - HairOfTheDog - 07-14-2016

Looks like FAHQTOO's governor, Mike Pence, is expected to be named as Trump's VP candidate tomorrow.

Others on the list include Newt Gingrich and Chris Christie.

The announcement will be made tomorrow at 11 a.m.