Mock
Ceiling fan safety tip - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Ceiling fan safety tip (/thread-13433.html)

Pages: 1 2

Ceiling fan safety tip - Maggot - 07-06-2018

One of my fan blades fell off when I was changing a bulb in my ceiling fan. So I touched each fan and wiggled it just a bit and 2 more broke off without much effort. I ended up finding a place that just sold the fins because I really didn't want to replace the entire thing and can only imagine one fin dropping off as it was spinning. So check those ceiling fans people, if they are old the plastic may have deteriorated.

RE: Ceiling fan safety tip - sally - 07-06-2018

Good tip, Maggot. It would totally suck to be decapitated by a ceiling fan blade. And the scary thought is it could happen to any of us.

RE: Ceiling fan safety tip - Duchess - 07-06-2018

Goddamn it would suck to have one of those puppies come flying off.

RE: Ceiling fan safety tip - Love Child - 07-06-2018

Yes it would! There is a restaurant that has oars for the blades. They are oar fans.

Also, I have another tip: don't like your ninja bullet blades after making a smoothie. I almost did that one day, thinking back to licking the mixer parts of frosting and I stopped myself in time, but I still shudder at the thought.

RE: Ceiling fan safety tip - BigMark - 07-06-2018

Lick totally!

Wrong thread!

don't like your ninja bullet blades

Fer sure fer sure!

(07-06-2018, 04:55 PM)BigMark Wrote: don't like your ninja bullet blades

Fer sure fer sure!

Oh my goodness! I'm sorry! My fault. 72

Lick it!

RE: Ceiling fan safety tip - Love Child - 07-06-2018

Aack! My post didn't post!
It said," Don't worry, I use discretion in what I am told to do"

Like my post!

RE: Ceiling fan safety tip - Carsman - 07-06-2018

(07-06-2018, 02:08 PM)Maggot Wrote: One of my fan blades fell off when I was changing a bulb in my ceiling fan. So I touched each fan and wiggled it just a bit and 2 more broke off without much effort. I ended up finding a place that just sold the fins because I really didn't want to replace the entire thing and can only imagine one fin dropping off as it was spinning. So check those ceiling fans people, if they are old the plastic may have deteriorated.

Actually we wash our fan blades around twice a year, so it doesn't blow any dust (that it may collect) around, that's a good way to see if the blades are loose. (They never are/have been, so far)

RE: Ceiling fan safety tip - sally - 07-06-2018

Twice a year? Have you people ever heard of a fucking feather duster? I dust my ceiling fans like once a month. Now wonder why the damn things are breaking off, they have 50 lbs of dust on them.

RE: Ceiling fan safety tip - Carsman - 07-06-2018

(07-06-2018, 10:55 PM)sally Wrote: Twice a year? Have you people ever heard of a fucking feather duster? I dust my ceiling fans like once a month. Now wonder why the damn things are breaking off, they have 50 lbs of dust on them.

Yeah we heard of fucking feather dusters, in fact we use them in between the washings! You can't tell if the blades are loose by pushing a duster over them.

Also dusting them doesn't get the cooking smoke grime off them, the smoke that spreads through the house during cooking and over time winds up on the blades.

Filthy animals.

RE: Ceiling fan safety tip - Love Child - 07-07-2018

Maybe they should lick the ceiling fan blades instead.

RE: Ceiling fan safety tip - BigMark - 07-07-2018

When in doubt lick it out.

RE: Ceiling fan safety tip - Maggot - 07-07-2018

It wasn't that the blades got loose it was the plastic holding the blade that was weak. The screws were tight. So just wiggling them a little should guarantee that they are still good.

[Image: h3B42E56E]

[Image: cat-swinging-from-ceiling-fan-how-did-yo...an-gif.jpg]