Mock
DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America (/thread-4103.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: DEATH WATCH--death penalty in America - Sterling - 02-29-2012

(02-29-2012, 07:30 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i was present at ted bundy's ride on old sparky. he whined and sniveled and cried all the way to the chair.

hah

Conductor. Wasn't that the punch line to his last job joke?

RE: DEATH WATCH--death penalty in America - Lady Cop - 02-29-2012

5:58p Once witnesses are in place, guards will ask George Rivas if he wants to make a final statement. He said he did.

5:48p Guards move George Rivas from his holding cell, 15 feet to the execution chamber. The lethal injection procedure is scheduled to begin a few minutes after six o'clock.

5:22p One of George Rivas' four witnesses did not appear for his execution. Dallas County District Attorney Craig Watkins will attend instead.

so long scumbag.

6:26p Texas 7 gang leader George Rivas was executed by lethal injection at 6:22 p.m. for the murder of Irving police Officer Aubrey Hawkins.

5:59p George Rivas will be strapped to a gurney, arms extended, and an IV for the lethal injection will be inserted in both arms. Once He's strapped down, the warden will call for witnesses to enter the two observation rooms.

[Image: 0229_rivas_execution40.jpg]

'scuse me while i vomit.

WFAA

7:10p The lethal drugs took effect on George Rivas very quickly. He was pronounced dead at 6:22 p.m., 10 minutes after the injection began.

7:09p We've now received the full text of George Rivas' final statement:

First of all, for the Aubrey Hawkins family, I do apologize for everything that happened. Not because I am here, but for closure in your hearts. I really believe you deserve that.

To my wife, Cheri. I am so grateful you’re in my life. I love you so dearly.

Thank you to my sister and dear friend, Katherine Cox, my son and my family. Friends and family, I love you so dearly.

To my friends, all the guys on the row, you have my courtesy and respect.

Thank you to the people involved and the courtesy of the officers. I am grateful for everything in my life. To my wife, take care of yourself, I will be waiting for you. I love you, God bless.

I am ready to go.

7:07p Prior to his execution George Rivas told his new wife he loved her. "I am grateful for everything in my life. I love you. God bless. I am ready to go." Rivas was calm, smiling and appeared to be at peace with what was to follow.

6:31p Before being put to death, George Rivas said: "For Aubrey Hawkins' family, I apologized for everything that happened ... not because I'm here, but for closure in your hearts. I really believe you deserve that.

RE: DEATH WATCH--death penalty in America - JsMom - 02-29-2012

(02-29-2012, 04:45 PM)gatorfankim Wrote: Blah, Blah, Blah....

"So...under those specific guidelines that I just written above, don't blame me that you are just stupid , and what makes it worst is that you are also a cop, which makes it double stupid as you really should have more brain cells floating inside your shitbrain"

Hey dipshit! I'm not a cop you 'tard! STFU and stop presuming you know something!

hahaha! He thinks you're a cop! That tickled the shit out of me. Better luck next post, maybe. 113

RE: DEATH WATCH--death penalty in America - Midwest Spy - 02-29-2012

(02-29-2012, 09:23 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: 'scuse me while i vomit.

WFAA

7:10p The lethal drugs took effect on George Rivas very quickly. He was pronounced dead at 6:22 p.m., 10 minutes after the injection began.

7:09p We've now received the full text of George Rivas' final statement:

First of all, for the Aubrey Hawkins family, I do apologize for everything that happened. Not because I am here, but for closure in your hearts. I really believe you deserve that.

To my wife, Cheri. I am so grateful you’re in my life. I love you so dearly.

Thank you to my sister and dear friend, Katherine Cox, my son and my family. Friends and family, I love you so dearly.

To my friends, all the guys on the row, you have my courtesy and respect.

Thank you to the people involved and the courtesy of the officers. I am grateful for everything in my life. To my wife, take care of yourself, I will be waiting for you. I love you, God bless.

I am ready to go.

7:07p Prior to his execution George Rivas told his new wife he loved her. "I am grateful for everything in my life. I love you. God bless. I am ready to go." Rivas was calm, smiling and appeared to be at peace with what was to follow.

6:31p Before being put to death, George Rivas said: "For Aubrey Hawkins' family, I apologized for everything that happened ... not because I'm here, but for closure in your hearts. I really believe you deserve that.

While I'm sure George Rivas considers himself a changed man, and may truly feel remorse for what happened the night of the murder of Aubrey Hawkins, it still doesn't erase what happened.

When these officers are murdered by scum, we don't get to see the whole story of what was lost. As a father of two sons, this eulogy (given by Hawkins' wife) breaks my heart:

"He was the kind of father that all the kids in our neighborhood wanted to be around. The love and relationship between Aubrey and Andrew is indescribable. It was a relationship that most parents could only dream of having. The 9-year-old little boy was Aubrey's pride and joy. They were "buddies". It breaks my heart that Aubrey will never get to see Andrew grow up to be the man he always taught him to be. Aubrey was the kind of son who worried about his mom living alone. He always looked out for her and made sure she was safe. He truly loved her from the bottom of his heart. Aubrey was a loving and devoted husband. He was my best friend. He made me laugh when nobody else could. His face would "light-up" every time I walked into a room. Never again will I hear him come home and yell throughout the house . . . "Where's my girl?" Never again will I feel his big arms wrapped around me and his kiss on my forehead."

RE: DEATH WATCH--death penalty in America - gatorfankim - 03-01-2012

Good riddance douchebag!
Thanks for the continued updates LC!

RE: DEATH WATCH--death penalty in America - Lady Cop - 03-08-2012

in the next hour or so...

about the victim, a good man who put over 60 people through college:

http://www.azcentral.com/video/1494749966001

AZCentral

n Arizona death-row inmate is set to be executed at the state prison in Florence on Thursday in what would be the second execution in the state in eight days.

Robert Charles Towery, 47, is set to be given a lethal injection at 10 a.m., after spending nearly 20 years on death row for killing Mark Jones of Paradise Valley.

Towery's attorneys have made several last-minute arguments in an effort to spare him from the death penalty, including a Wednesday request with the Arizona Supreme Court to reduce his sentence to 25 years to life in prison because Towery's partner in crime spent less than 10 years in prison.
Towery spent the first half of his life not thinking and the last half of his life thinking about the thoughtless act that put him on death row.

During the 1991 armed robbery, he was 27 that year, an ex-con with a raging methamphetamine addiction, a man -- he told his attorneys -- who just reacted to stimuli without reflecting on what he was doing.

"I can't make sense of it," he said at his clemency hearing last week. "It was just one mistake after another. It ended with taking a man's life. I wish I could change it, but I can't."

He did time for running a chop shop. He robbed a restaurant at gunpoint and then planned to rob Mark Jones, an acquaintance who had been kind enough to lend him money.

He knew he didn't have to kill Jones, he told the state clemency board. He just did. He put a plastic zip tie around Jones' neck and pulled it tight until he thought Jones was dead. And when he realized Jones was still breathing, he did it again.

At his trial, prosecutors claimed Towery tried to inject Jones with acid taken from a car battery with a syringe. That's what Towery's accomplice told investigators, though the theory was not proved at trial and has since been questioned.

[Image: PHP4F4ECA4BB1CB7.jpg]

RE: DEATH WATCH--death penalty in America - Lady Cop - 03-08-2012

re: post 208.

'Bye 105

AZCentral
Arizona Death Row inmate Robert Towery was executed by lethal injection Thursday for the 1991 murder of a Paradise Valley philanthropist during a robbery.

Towery, 38, was pronounced dead at 11:26 a.m., nine minutes after the lethal injection procedure began at the Arizona State Prison Complex-Florence, according to a statement by Attorney General Tom Horne.

Wednesday night, Towery was served a last meal of porterhouse steak, baked potato with sour cream, asparagus, mushrooms, clam chowder, milk, Pepsi and apple pie a la mode.

Towery met with his attorneys before the execution began. morning. The execution was scheduled to start at 10 a.m., but his attorney's visit ran long and the executioner discovered he had to insert a catheter in the femoral artery, suggesting that they could not raise a vein in his arm.

Witnesses were not led into Housing Unit 9, where executions are carried out, until a few minutes after 11.

The execution began at 11:17. Towery looked to his family and attorneys. In his last words, he apologized to his family and to the victim's. He talked about bad choices he had made. Then he said, as he appeared to be crying, "I love my family. Potato, potato, potato."

He took a couple of hard breaths, one witness said, and then slipped into unconsciousness.

more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2112664/Robert-Towery-execution-Death-row-inmates-chilling-diary-describes-execution-Robert-Moormann-hours-death.html

RE: DEATH WATCH--death penalty in America - gatorfankim - 03-08-2012

Sweet dreams douchebag!

RE: DEATH WATCH--death penalty in America - Sterling - 03-08-2012

That was 19 years and six months too long of a wait.

RE: DEATH WATCH--death penalty in America - Lady Cop - 04-02-2012

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

An April 19 execution date has been set for a former high school football star from Taylor County.

Daniel Greene was sentenced for the 1991 killing of 19-year-old Bernard Walker, who was trying to help a Suwanee Thrifty store clerk in Taylor County.
Greene had forced the clerk to give him $142 from the cash register before he took her to the back room and stabbed her. She survived, but Walker, whom Greene stabbed in the heart, died in the parking lot.

Greene, a 6-foot 5-inch, 350-pound former high school football standout, was tried in Clayton County in 1992 because of pretrial publicity.

After killing Walker, Greene later drove to the home of a Macon County couple who had previously employed him as a farm laborer. Greene burst into their home, got their car keys and then stabbed Willie and Donice Montgomery multiple times. The couple survived.

Greene then drove to another convenience store in Warner Robins and pulled a knife on the store attendant, who gave Greene money from the cash register. Greene stabbed her in the back of the shoulder before fleeing. He was later arrested at a relative's home and confessed to the crimes in a videotaped interview, saying he needed money for crack cocaine, according to court records.

Late last week, a judge signed an order scheduling Greene's execution for a seven-day period beginning April 19. On Monday, Department of Corrections Commission Brian Owens set the execution for April 19 at 7 p.m.

The execution is to be carried out at the Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison in Jackson. Greene would be the 30th state inmate put to death by lethal injection.

[Image: greene000.jpg]

RE: DEATH WATCH--death penalty in America - Lady Cop - 04-05-2012

(CNN) -- The Connecticut Senate voted 20-16 early Thursday morning on a bill that would do away with the death penalty and make the state the fifth in five years to abolish capital punishment. The bill now goes to the House of Representatives, where it is also expected to pass.

Gov. Dannel Malloy, a Democrat, has vowed to sign the measure into law should it reach his desk, his office said.

"For everyone, it's a vote of conscience," said Senate President Donald Williams Jr., a Democrat who says he's long supported a repeal. "We have a majority of legislators in Connecticut in favor of this so that the energies of our criminal justice system can be focused in a more appropriate manner."

In 2009, state lawmakers in both houses tried to pass a similar bill, but were ultimately blocked by then-Gov. Jodi Rell, a Republican.

In the last five years, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York and Illinois have repealed capital punishment, with California voters expected to take up the measure in November.

The death penalty has also been abolished in the District of Columbia and 12 other states: Alaska, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

Capital punishment has existed in Connecticut since its colonial days. But the state was forced to review its death penalty laws beginning in 1972 when a Supreme Court decision required greater consistency in its application. A moratorium was then imposed until a 1976 court decision upheld the constitutionality of capital punishment.

Since then, Connecticut juries have handed down 15 death sentences. Of those, only one person has actually been executed, according to the Death Penalty Information Center, a nonpartisan group that studies death penalty laws.

Michael Ross, a convicted serial killer, was put to death by lethal injection in 2005 after giving up his appeals.

"It's not a question of whether it's morally wrong, it's just that it isn't working," said Richard Dieter, the group's executive director. "I think when you hear of 15 to 20 years of uncertain appeals, that's not closure and that's not justice. It's a slow, grinding process."

Eleven people are currently on death row in Connecticut, including Steven Hayes and Joshua Komisarjevsky, who both were sentenced for their roles in the 2007 murders of the Petit family in Cheshire, Connecticut.

The high-profile case drew national attention and sparked conversations about home security and capital punishment.

Dr. William Petit, the sole survivor in that attack, has remained a staunch critic of repeal efforts.

"We believe in the death penalty because we believe it is really the only true, just punishment for certain heinous and depraved murders," Petit told CNN affiliate WFSB.

RE: DEATH WATCH--death penalty in America - Lady Cop - 04-07-2012

no peace. never over.

[Image: 120405073608-troy-davis-macphail-1-story-top.jpg]

Columbus, Georgia (CNN) -- At 10:57 that September night, the Georgia attorney general's office notified Anneliese MacPhail that the intravenous needle was in Troy Davis' arm.

MacPhail could not believe what she was hearing, not after a legal odyssey that prompted cries of injustice from celebrities, the pope and former U.S. presidents.

Her phone rang again 13 minutes later. This time, she heard Davis was dead.

"It's over," she said.

It wasn't.

Davis' execution ended 22 all-consuming years of waiting to see the man she believed was her son's killer pay for his crime.

Yet it has not brought her the peace she sought ever since an earlier phone call roused her from bed on a sultry August night with news that her son Mark had been shot to death.

Six months after the spectacle of the Davis execution, MacPhail is still haunted by loss. And she is still hounded by those who blame her family for putting to death a man whose guilt was widely questioned.

FULL STORY:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/07/us/troy-davis-macphail/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

and davis' sister's view:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/07/us/troy-davis-family/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - Lady Cop - 04-12-2012

serial murdering filth gets it today in florida. he's been on death row since 1984. ridiculous.
full story at link below.

[Image: article-0-127BC19A000005DC-565_306x423.jpg]

As investigators unearthed two metal drums containing the dismembered remains of two of David Alan Gore’s six victims, he smirked as if to say, 'Yeah, this is my work.'

Gore is scheduled to be executed Thursday for murdering 17-year-old Lynn Elliott on July 26, 1983, a sentence many say is long overdue.

Gore and his cousin, Fred Waterfield, committed a series of horrific rapes and murders, shaking the trust of this quiet coastal city of Vero Beach, Florida.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2128560/David-Alan-Gore-Florida-serial-killer-devil-eyes-preyed-women-abusive-sexual-fantasies-set-die.html#ixzz1rpMgtXr9

edit to add...fucker is dead.

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - gatorfankim - 04-13-2012

(04-12-2012, 08:11 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: serial murdering filth gets it today in florida. he's been on death row since 1984. ridiculous.
full story at link below.

[Image: article-0-127BC19A000005DC-565_306x423.jpg]

As investigators unearthed two metal drums containing the dismembered remains of two of David Alan Gore’s six victims, he smirked as if to say, 'Yeah, this is my work.'

Gore is scheduled to be executed Thursday for murdering 17-year-old Lynn Elliott on July 26, 1983, a sentence many say is long overdue.

Gore and his cousin, Fred Waterfield, committed a series of horrific rapes and murders, shaking the trust of this quiet coastal city of Vero Beach, Florida.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2128560/David-Alan-Gore-Florida-serial-killer-devil-eyes-preyed-women-abusive-sexual-fantasies-set-die.html#ixzz1rpMgtXr9

edit to add...fucker is dead.

AWESOME!!!!

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - Lady Cop - 04-21-2012

[Image: Marcus-Robinson.jpg]

[Image: marcus-robinson-death-row-racial-bias1.jpg]

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – A condemned killer's trial was so tainted by the racially influenced decisions of prosecutors that he should be removed from death row and serve a life sentence, a judge ruled Friday in a precedent-setting North Carolina decision.

Superior Court Judge Greg Weeks' decision in the case of Marcus Robinson comes in the first test of a 2009 state law that allows death row prisoners and capital murder defendants to challenge their sentences or prosecutors' decisions with statistics and other evidence beyond documents or witness testimony.

Only Kentucky has a law like North Carolina's Racial Justice Act, which says the prisoner's sentence is reduced to life in prison without parole if the claim is successful.

Robinson and co-defendant Roderick Williams Jr. were convicted of murdering 17-year-old Erik Tornblom after the teen gave his killers a ride from a Fayetteville convenience store. Tornblom was forced to drive to a field, where he was shot with a sawed-off shotgun.

murder victim

[Image: 08AF632E-5FF4-42E3-B536-E5DF2F6A5A38-p0.jpg]

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - Lady Cop - 04-24-2012

Monday April 30. 10 PM eastern. Discovery channel.

a death row special.

Hot showers, gluttonous $40 meals and a choice of how to die - these are some of the final few luxuries on offer to a convict about to be put to death by the state.

A new television show is set to reveal the final 24 hours before an inmate's execution on Death Row, lifting the lid on the final pleasures and fears they suffer before they are led to their death.

The special, which airs on the TLC & Discovery Channel on Monday, is no doubt set to shock viewers across a country where the ultimate penalty for a crime remains widespread yet divisive.

[Image: article-2134611-12BFBAE1000005DC-957_634x409.jpg]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2134611/TV-series-gives-insight-Death-Row-inmates-final-24-hours.html#ixzz1szuDiGVw

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - Lady Cop - 04-25-2012

this is not clear to me...will they execute those fuckers that killed the Petit family or not?? this is ambiguous.

(CNN) -- Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy signed a bill into law Wednesday that abolishes the death penalty, making his state the 17th in the nation to abandon capital punishment and the fifth in five years to usher in a repeal.

The law is effective immediately, though prospective in nature, meaning that it would not apply to those already sentenced to death. It replaces the death penalty with life in prison without the possibility of release as the state's highest form of punishment.

more:

http://courantblogs.com/capitol-watch/without-fanfare-malloy-signs-bill-abolishing-death-penalty/

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - SIXFOOTERsez - 04-25-2012

Namby pamby homos