Mock
DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America (/thread-4103.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - HairOfTheDog - 04-19-2015

Sorry Duchess, I slid in on top of you when you weren't looking. Awink

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - Midwest Spy - 04-19-2015

Alrighty then.

You ladies take this stuff more seriously than I do.

I hope no one has been wrongly put to death?

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - Duchess - 04-19-2015

(04-19-2015, 04:59 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Sorry Duchess, I slid in on top of you when you weren't looking. Awink

...and it was great. hah

No shit we take this stuff more seriously than you do, MS.

You're the guy who thinks a 12 year-old waving a toy gun in the park got what he deserved for it and did society a favor by dying; dying after being shot by police within two seconds of them skidding onto the scene while the boy held an..........airsoft.

And, you're the guy who appreciates police officers who consider themselves above the law and thus entitled to beat and brutalize the shift outta subdued non-resistant citizens.

So, yeah, I think it's a pretty safe bet that we ladies (and most everybody else) would take four human beings almost being mistakenly executed by our very own criminal justice system more seriously than you do.

(04-19-2015, 05:05 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: You ladies take this stuff more seriously than I do.

People being wrongly convicted and sentenced to death is serious. You have a lackadaisical manner where those outside your white bread bubble have no value. You present your opinion as if it's fact and the reality is you were a babbling idiot who didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - Midwest Spy - 04-19-2015

(04-19-2015, 05:21 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-19-2015, 05:05 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: You ladies take this stuff more seriously than I do.

People being wrongly convicted and sentenced to death is serious. You have a lackadaisical manner where those outside your white bread bubble have no value. You present your opinion as if it's fact and the reality is you were a babbling idiot who didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

I can talk about sports though.

hah That's true.

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - SIXFOOTERsez - 04-19-2015

(04-19-2015, 05:05 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Alrighty then.

You ladies take this stuff more seriously than I do.

I hope no one has been wrongly put to death?

You really should read more of the threads you post in

(04-19-2015, 07:35 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: You really should read more of the threads you post in

He sounds like a babbling idiot, huh.

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - SIXFOOTERsez - 04-20-2015

Yep

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - HairOfTheDog - 05-13-2015

Triple Murderer Executed in Texas

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=48084&d=1384898952&thumb=1]
^ Derrick Dewayne Charles, 32, became the seventh prisoner put to death this year in the nation's most active capital punishment state yesterday.

He was executed for the killings of his 15-year-old girlfriend, her mother and her grandfather nearly 13 years ago in Houston.

Charles was pronounced dead at 6:36 p.m. CDT, 25 minutes after being given the execution drug.

Asked by the warden if he wanted to make a final statement, Charles replied: 'Nah. I'm ready to go home.'

As the pentobarbital took effect, he took two breaths, yawned and then appeared to go to sleep. Six relatives of Charles' victims witnessed the execution, but he made no eye contact with them.

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - Duchess - 05-13-2015

I sometimes think this is such an easy way out for some of these people. No pain, no real terror like their victims felt. It's just so fricken easy. Nighty night.

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - HairOfTheDog - 05-27-2015

NEBRASKA REPEALS THE DEATH PENALTY

Last week, Nebraska lawmakers voted to ban the death penalty, positioning their state to become the 19th in the country to end capital punishment.

In deep-red territory with a heavily Republican legislature, the vote made Nebraska the first conservative state to adopt the progressive reform since North Dakota did so in 1973, and is a sign of the right's growing willingness to work with the left on criminal justice reform as a means of reducing governmental overreach and spending.

But while Nebraska's legislators are ready to end the practice, Nebraska's governor is not. Governor Ricketts feels that the state legislator is out of touch with the people of the state, the majority of whom he says support the death penalty. He vetoed the death penalty repeal on Tuesday. But, the ban passed with enough "yes" votes to override his veto and the ban is now in law in Nebraska.

A majority of Americans – though a dwindling one – support the death penalty. According to a Pew Research Center poll from last month, more than 50 percent of Democrats oppose capital punishment, and more than 75 percent of Republicans support it. Though support is dropping in both camps, Democrats are stepping away from the death penalty at a much faster rate. Ricketts, however, is staying put – even as Republicans in his state change course.

www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/nebraska-governor-vetoes-death-penalty-ban-despite-likely-override-20150527#ixzz3bO5r7Wrb

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - Duchess - 05-28-2015

I think there's a place in our society for the death penalty. I don't like some of the mistakes that have been made but I don't agree with abolishing it completely.

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - Donovan - 05-28-2015

(05-13-2015, 01:59 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I sometimes think this is such an easy way out for some of these people. No pain, no real terror like their victims felt. It's just so fricken easy. Nighty night.
I have often thought a much better deterrent to violent murder would be to kill then as they killed their victims.

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - WhiteMammal - 06-04-2015

(03-31-2011, 11:19 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Murderers do get released/escape and commit more crimes.
You can't reoffend if you're dead.

I read recently that a SuperMax costs $75K a year per criminal and that the price is expected to double by 2020. So someone that gets there at 25 and lives to 75 will cost like $5 million bucks. Uncle Sam won't even spend $5M on a battered wife or a baby born with a physical deformity; but they will blow $5M on some dude who has been in and out of prisons or 15 years before finally getting thrown in a SuperMax. Prisons cost Americans $70 billion a year. Seems they need to do more executions and faster appeal processes from a financial perspective. They could make soylent green out of recidivist violent criminals for us to feed our dogs. Or would that be kind of weird?

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - Duchess - 06-05-2015

It would be weird. I don't want to feed my animals criminals. I wouldn't care if the processed human was sent to a third world country to feed the poor though.

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - HairOfTheDog - 06-29-2015

U.S. Supreme Court Rules Death Drug Cocktail is Not "Cruel and Unusual Punishment"

The U.S. Supreme Court has been busy with high profile cases as of late.

Today it delivered a hotly debated 5-4 ruling that Oklahoma may continue to use a controversial lethal injection drug during executions.

This will make it difficult for plaintiffs from any state to claim that the death drug cocktail is "cruel and unusual punishment" and in violation of the 8th amendment to the Constitution.

The lawsuit was filed after the execution last year of Clayton Lockett last year. The prison officials claimed that it wasn't the drug that caused the inmate pain for 45 minutes, it was their improper or "botched" injection of it.

THE FINAL RULING
The conservative Justices contend that the Oklahoma death row prisoners who brought the matter to court "failed to identify a known and available alternative method of execution that entails a lesser risk of pain."

Justice Samuel Alito also wrote in the opinion in which Justices John Roberts, Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas and Anthony Kennedy concurred, "the prisoners also failed to show that a large dose of the controversial drug, Midazolam, entails a substantial risk of severe pain."

Citing previous rulings, Alito noted that while methods of execution have changed over the years, "[t]his Court has never invalidated a State’s chosen procedure for carrying out a sentence of death as the infliction of cruel and unusual punishment."

THE DISSENTING OPINIONS
In a scathing dissent from the court’s liberals, Justice Sonia Sotomayor, joined by Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer and Elena Kagan, suggested the high court’s ruling would allow prisoners to be "drawn and quartered, slowly tortured to death, or actually burned at the stake" by states that wished to put them to death.

Justice Breyer wrote that he believed it was "highly likely that the death penalty violates the Eighth Amendment" and called for the court to address that "basic question." Breyer suggested that since the use of the death penalty has declined over the years, it’s now an "unusual" punishment that been "imposed arbitrarily" in the past 40 years.

The justices have been sharply divided on the issue since the fiery opening oral arguments were heard in April. Alito accused anti-capital punishment activists of mounting "a guerrilla war on the death penalty." Kagan, meanwhile, said the pain caused by lethal injection when not mitigated by an effective anesthetic (Midazolam) was like "being burned alive."

Ref: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/29/supreme-court-lethal-injection-drugs_n_7470568.html

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - Duchess - 06-29-2015

I'm always amazed that a monster would even bring up cruel & unusual punishment.

RE: DEATH ROW--death penalty in America - HairOfTheDog - 07-15-2015

(06-29-2015, 03:55 PM)Duchess Wrote: I'm always amazed that a monster would even bring up cruel & unusual punishment.

This now-dead waste of space actually took the opposite stance. I'm wondering if the death penalty abolitionists on his case are behind his last words, as a kind of reverse psychology attempt directed at death penalty advocates and the public?

[Image: 635677290126254921-david-zink.jpg]
David Zink, 55, was put to death at a state prison near Bonne Terre, Missouri hours after the nation's high court rebuffed his last appeals and Gov. Jay Nixon rejected his clemency request.

In a final written statement, Zink said he hoped his execution would bring peace to the family of the woman he killed, Amanda Morton. "I offer my sincerest apology to Amanda Morton's family and friends for my actions."

He added a message to other inmates on death row.

"For those who remain on death row, understand that everyone is going to die. Statistically speaking, we have a much easier death than most. So I encourage you to embrace it and celebrate our true liberation before society figures it out and condemns us to life without parole and we too will die a lingering death."

Zink's Capital Crime
Authorities said Zink abducted 19-year-old Morton in 2001 after hitting her car from behind on a highway exit ramp a mile from her Strafford home. Morton was driving home after visiting a friend.

He then beat her severely, sexually attacked her, tied her to a cemetery tree, severed her spine with a knife.

Just months before the slaying, Zink had been released from a Texas prison after serving 20 years on rape, abduction and escape charges. Fearing that his drunken fender-bender with Morton could violate his parole and send him back to prison, Zink abducted Morton, taking her to a motel.

"If I think that you're going to pose a threat to my freedom, it is set in my mind I want to eliminate you," Zink said in his videotaped confession.

The motel's manager later saw a televised news report about Morton's disappearance, recognized her as the woman who had checked in with Zink, and gave investigators Zink's name and license plate number from motel registration.

Ref: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/inmate-david-zink-lauds-death-penalty-before-being-executed/