Mock
Texting teen falls down manhole - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Assholes In The News (https://mockforums.net/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Texting teen falls down manhole (/thread-444.html)

Pages: 1 2

- LuMPyPussy - 07-11-2009

By Victoria Cavaliere
NBCNewYork.com
updated 29 minutes ago

We all know that walking and texting is a tough combination -- but a Staten Island teen learned the hard way when she fell into an uncovered sewer manhole while trying to send a message.

Now, the family of Alexa Longueira, 15, intends to sue. (Of course they do)

The girl suffered a fright and some scrapes on her arms back after she dropped into the hole on Victory Boulevard.

"It was four or five feet, it was very painful. I kind of crawled out and the DEP guys came running and helped me," Longueria told the Staten Island Advance.. "They were just, like, 'I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

For its part, the Department of Environmental Protection said its workers had turned away briefly to grab some cones when the incident occurred.

"We regret that this happened and wish the young woman a speedy recovery," DEP spokeswoman Mercedes Padilla said in a statement. She added that crews were flushing a high-pressure sewer line at the time.

The girl was checked out at Staten Island University Hospital and released.

Sewer line workers are supposed to cut off pedestrian access to work sites or at least mark them with warning signs.

The family said they will file a lawsuit -- for what, though, is not immediately clear. Her mother, Kim Longueira, said it doesn't matter that her daughter was walking and texting, and also, the 'gross' factor that can't be ignored.

"Oh my God, it was putrid," she said. "One of her sneakers is still down there"

- The Antagonist - 07-11-2009

Jesus I know where that is.

Victory Blvd is a very busy main artery. Can someone explain why she was walking in the road, not paying attention where she was going considering the CAR and TRAFFIC factor, nevermind the manhole is in the middle of the road?

Her parents are obviously as dim as she is.

- Duchess - 07-11-2009

I hate to see those people get anything because of their shit for brains kid...That lil' bitch bears some responsibility here & they expect to be financially rewarded for her stupidity...My parents would have made ME accept full responsibility for my dumbness & there would not have been any monetary compensation...Assholes.

I would've been horrified if ANYONE found out about this if that had happened to me.

- Duchess - 07-11-2009

Horrified 'cuz you fell in a sewer or horrified that you were stupid enough to fall in a sewer ?

The two go hand in hand.

- Saddragon - 07-12-2009

Next this stupid bitch will be texting and driving... whose to say what the hell she will hit next a little kid in a walk way?

- LKTraz - 07-12-2009

Stupid little twit bitch deserved to get covered in shit for doing such a shit-for-brains thing as walking and not paying fucking attention to where the hell she was going!

I hope the "case" gets laughed out of court.

- Maggot - 07-12-2009

My shoe!............my shoe!............::lmao::

- The Antagonist - 07-14-2009

This dopey kid and her moronic mom were on the news this morning.

They are still complaining about the shoe! And - get this - dopey thinks she should be able to walk and text and not pay attention to where she is going in her own neighborhood because she thinks the sewer workers should be watching out and protecting her.

The hole was in the sidewalk and not the street like I thought.

She thinks that you shouldn't have to pay attention to where you're going in your won neighborhood! ::nuts::

She was bitching that no one was there watching the 'hole' and that there were no workers around, but then in the same breath she says how one of the workers pulled her out of the hole!

I hope this gets laughed out of court. These people should take some sort of responsiblilty for themselves!

- Mock2zuma - 07-14-2009

Deja vu!

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/6Hk-ru57A-c[/flash]

Yeah I'd agree that walking while texting was kinda a brainless move on her part and I hate it when people sue for stupid things like bruises and whatnot.

BUT.... why the hell, couldn't the city place some safety cones around the manhole???

Seriously, how fuckin hard is it to pick up 2-3 plastic cones from the back of your work truck and put them around what is basically a "pit" in the middle of a sidewalk.

What if a blind man was walking down the sidewalk? You have to think of liability and "what if" scenarios.

I hate to say it, but I believe they SHOULD sue the city for this negligence. It's common sense and the workers failed to ensure the safety of the people. Shiiiii, I wish I had their job. I would do it right and make sure no one ever gets hurt under my watch. *whispers... Plus, I'm hungry for shit

The truck was probably right there and the guys were most likely in the middle of putting out the cones.

Like I said, I know the area and I grew up there. It's really busy and congested most times of the day.

That truck was there doing what it was supposed to do. How could she be 100% right? The guy was standing RIGHT THERE to pull her out right away! How they're completely in the wrong is beyond me.

$1 says they saw her walking, said something, thought she heard them, turned for a second to grab the cones and dum-dum walked right into the hole regardless because she was so wrapped up in her phone. And what about her dopey friend? You'd think ONE of them was paying some sort of attention to where they were walking.

- Mock2zuma - 07-14-2009

Ah after second thought. Ol girl looks like she belongs in a sewer ::banana::

- LuMPyPussy - 07-14-2009

I think they should shoot anyone with a NY accent.

- BROTHER - 07-14-2009

LuMPyPussy Wrote:I think they should shoot anyone with a NY accent.
You should take a" walk" with your new i-phone.Smiley_emoticons_wink

- QueenBee - 07-14-2009

Saddragon Wrote:Next this stupid bitch will be texting and driving... whose to say what the hell she will hit next a little kid in a walk way?
Sad thing is...just that thing happened here a couple years ago. 5 girls in car, not long after graduation. Texting plus car and all 5 were killed when the car crashed.

Even me? ::dunno::

- BROTHER - 07-14-2009

The Antagonist Wrote:
Even me? ::dunno::
You would'nt be the first she threw under the bus.::blink::

- Mock2zuma - 07-14-2009

I have a nasty habit of multitasking while driving. I'll be smoking, txting, driving all at the same time.

Probably worse or just as bad as DUIing ::blink::

- Maggot - 07-14-2009

Mock2zuma Wrote:I have a nasty habit of multitasking while driving. I'll be smoking, txting, driving all at the same time.

Probably worse or just as bad as DUIing ::blink::

I have always wanted to drive into a texting driver @ 70 MPH...........I can always take a chance @ insurance coverage an 810 gamble....My bumper is real met-al.

SSN will not cover me 10 yrs from now I need a creative policy........Smiley_emoticons_biggrin