Mock
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander (/thread-7085.html)

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Midwest Spy - 05-17-2013

(05-17-2013, 05:08 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-17-2013, 04:31 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: You, HotD, Duchess, Aussie, etc., all have issues with me.

WTF. I don't have any issues with you.

You're the boss.

I didn't want you to feel left out.

hah

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 05-17-2013

If I heard correctly, June 22nd lifetime movie about Jodi/Travis.

Typically I would have no interest in a movie like that but... I'd say there's a 5050 chance I'll watch it. You?

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-17-2013

^ I watched the Drew Peterson Lifetime movie; some dramatic license taken, but thought it was pretty good.

Didn't watch the Lifetime movie about the Casey Anthony trial (or read Ashton's book) because I followed the open-court trial closely and the outcome had already been established. I'd had more than enough of Casey Anthony before the trial even ended. Don't think I'll be watching the one about the Arias trial for the same reasons.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - BlueTiki - 05-18-2013

Donovan Bering, Arias' butch twitter conduit, is allegedly being investigated by Adult Probation for possible probation violations.

As a convicted arsonist, the conditions of Bering's probation might prohibit her from contact with known felons.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-18-2013

Ha! Well, now that the verdict is in, seems like the Adult Probation authorities have an air-tight case.

Too bad that sexy flame thrower has the pesky little criminal record under her belt.

Otherwise, maybe she could have testified as to Jodi's talent in articulating complete bullshit in 140 characters or less, as a prelude to the murderer's own much anticipated courtroom art exhibit.

Monday's gonna be some performance, I suspect. Good thing food isn't allowed in the courtroom, tomatoes can be a bitch to clean off the walls.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - JsMom - 05-20-2013

Today is the Day!

I sure hope they get this trial over with for Travis's grieving family. I hope the bitch rots on Death Row. The bitch doesn't deserve to be in population just to be the whore she really is. Flappy pussy ass bitch.

106 If they pull some more bullshit today; I'm done watching this trial. js

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-20-2013

Today or tomorrow could really truly be the last day.

Unless they changed their strategy over the long weekend, we can expect to see 2 defense witness for Jodi and Jodi herself testify and show her artwork today.

After cross and closing arguments in this penalty phase; the final life or death jury deliberations begin.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 05-20-2013

Jodi's childhood friend might be backing out.

I find it very damning that neither of her parents are speaking for her.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-20-2013

(05-20-2013, 11:09 AM)username Wrote: I find it very damning that neither of her parents are speaking for her.

I bet the jury will be curious about it.

I don't know if this is the case, but if Martinez (in cross examination) would be able to use the parents' statements made during LE questioning, that could explain it.

Her dad said that she was weird, secretive and essentially that she must have stolen gramps's gun to shoot Travis.

Her mom said that she always fabricated stories about being treated badly by the family.

P.s. hadn't heard about the friend possibly backing out. Interesting.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - BlueTiki - 05-20-2013

(05-20-2013, 11:21 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: P.s. hadn't heard about the friend possibly backing out. Interesting.

Motion for mistrail filed because of alleged death threats against Arias' stoner friend.

I wonder if Jodi feels as if she's been stabbed in the back, by her friend not testifying?

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Duchess - 05-20-2013

Hahahaha!

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - BlueTiki - 05-20-2013

Wow!

Defense is not calling any witnesses on behalf of slasher!

Would love to be a fly on the wall in Stephens' chambers.

"Hey, Mom . . . Dad . . . anyone?"

hah

Edited: Adjourned for today. Allocution will allegedly occur, tomorrow.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - JsMom - 05-20-2013

Jodi should be up tomorrow.

Very interesting turn of events this morning!

P.s. Yep, I would love to buzz around the judge's chambers...

(05-20-2013, 01:56 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Edited: Adjourned for today. Allocution will allegedly occur, tomorrow.

hah

Please let it be so!

I wonder how long Jodi will spend on the stage...I mean stand?

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-21-2013

Penalty phase set to resume in an hour.

From HLN:
This week could be the dramatic conclusion to the Arias' trial. Jurors will deliberate a third time to determine whether she is sentenced to life in prison or death via lethal injection.

In an atypical move, the defense has told the jurors they intend to display some of Arias' art to illustrate that her life behind bars may have value to society. It could be one of the most memorable moments of the trial.

Defense attorney Kirk Nurmi has asked the jury to consider a wide variety of mitigating factors, including the fact that Arias has no prior criminal history, that she suffered abuse and neglect as a child, and that she is a “talented artist.”

Prosecutor Juan Martinez, however, told the jurors that Arias’ art -- among other things -- is irrelevant when it comes to her murderous actions on June 4, 2008.

In mentioning Arias' artistic value to society, HLN’s Ryan Smith says the defense is trying make Arias seem more human to those who might regard her as a monster capable of a brutal murder.

===================================

Read some speculation that Arias will ask for the death penalty based on the statements she made in her post-verdict interview. I don't think that will happen.

We'll see soon enough. 57

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 05-21-2013

The defense ought to be saying "look, we can all see she's a complete loon..." and try to get her some sympathy that way. The state says she has BPD. She's nuts. Give her a break.

The "art" strategy is absurd.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - RJs-Ex - 05-21-2013

(05-21-2013, 11:49 AM)username Wrote: The "art" strategy is absurd.

I agree. If I was a juror, that would just piss me off. The arrogance of it!

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 05-21-2013

Based on everything that's happening, I think Jodi may just ask for the death penalty. Out of sheer stubbornness; because she said she wanted it during that interview, she's going to stick with it out of some weird pride.

However, I bet in the back of her mind she's thinking "no jury will ever give me the death penalty".

Dumb bitch.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Adub - 05-21-2013

What's the hold up?