Mock
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander (/thread-7085.html)

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 05-21-2013

(05-21-2013, 01:19 PM)Adub Wrote: What's the hold up?

Nobody knows. One guess...Jodi plans to ask for the death penalty and the judge is making sure she's of sound mind, understands the implications of what she's going to do etc.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-21-2013

(05-21-2013, 01:35 PM)username Wrote:
(05-21-2013, 01:19 PM)Adub Wrote: What's the hold up?

Nobody knows. One guess...Jodi plans to ask for the death penalty and the judge is making sure she's of sound mind, understands the implications of what she's going to do etc.

Hope this guess turns out to be right.

If she's willing to waive appeals and expedite the execution, it'll save the taxpayers of Arizona a whole lot of money.

Give her what she says she wants, if this is the case.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 05-21-2013

Well, I sure guessed wrong. 50

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-21-2013

Well, that was shorter than I expected, but the content of Arias's statement was no surprise.

-She will help others.
-She IS SO an abuse victim!
-Travis's grandmother was gravely ill at Thanksgiving 2007 (cheap shot, imo, to contradict the Alexander family's statement that the loss of Travis was the primary contributor to her death). The same applies to her comment that Travis told her that grandma was seen as the "glue of the family", rather than Travis, as his family claimed last week - another shrouded jab.
-The artwork exhibit - no words.
-The verdict 2 weeks ago was a surprise to her (I believe that) and robbed her family of welcoming her home with open arms some day.
-Don't put me on death row and put me to unnatural premature death - for the sake of my family.
-I don't wanna die; I've changed my mind! I lacked perspective.

ETA:

She did also say:
-The Alexander family's pain is greater than the Arias's.
-She's where she's at today because of her own bad decisions.

Pretty weak and ineffective, in my opinion.

I think she did a piss poor job. Poor me, I won't be able to see my family during the holidays. Yeah...what about Travis?

Oh, I can donate my hair if you let me live! What could Travis have done?

Sheesh.

(05-21-2013, 02:22 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Well, that was shorter than I expected, but the content of Arias's statement was no surprise.

-She will help others.
-She IS SO an abuse victim!
-Travis's grandmother was gravely ill at Thanksgiving 2007 (cheap shot, imo, to contradict the Alexander family's statement that the loss of Travis was the primary contributor to her death; as was the statement that grandma was seen as the glue of the family; was it really Travis as his family claimed? - another shrouded jab).
-The artwork exhibit - no words.
-The verdict 2 weeks ago was a surprise to her (I believe that) and robbed her family of welcoming home with open arms some day.
-Don't put me on death row and put me to unnatural premature death - for the sake of my family.
-I don't wanna die; I've changed my mind! I lacked perspective.

Good summary HotD. I caught those jabs as well. I hope the jury did too.

She made a "mistake". WTH?

^ "She'll never be a wife, nor a mother"....

She didn't acknowledge that, because of her, Travis will never be a husband or a father.

In my opinion, the fact that he wanted those things so badly (but not with Jodi) is a big part of why he's dead.

I agree with you, she did a poor job.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Adub - 05-21-2013

Jodi was a disappointment. I just expected more. Than me, me, me .... She did good using the words of Travis's family at the beginning, and then it all went nowhere.

I never really cared if she lived or died until listening to Steve and Samantha. That was heartbreaking. Just can't imagine the pain and hatred. Jodi needs to be put to death. Soon. Give Travis's family a new beginning.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Duchess - 05-21-2013

I listened to a few minutes of it. I thought it was lackadaisical, it didn't even sound heartfelt but I didn't listen to all of it so maybe it got better. I think they are going to give her death.

Her reasons for wanting to live are pathetic. Who gives a fuck about her hair, given the choice I don't even see anyone who needed it, wanting it.

Too bad burning people at the stake is considered uncivilized.

(05-21-2013, 02:22 PM)username Wrote: I think she did a piss poor job. Poor me, I won't be able to see my family during the holidays. Yeah...what about Travis?

(05-21-2013, 05:01 PM)Adub Wrote: Jodi was a disappointment. I just expected more. Than me, me, me ....

(05-21-2013, 05:14 PM)Duchess Wrote: I thought it was lackadaisical, it didn't even sound heartfelt...

I believe she has remorse about June 4, 2008:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxM378y01aSYoGQOQmWJZ...B1zqjiERvQ]

Smiley_emoticons_smile

Wilmott sucks too, by the way, but working under the direction of Jodi Arias must be hell.

FINALLY, sentencing deliberations under way.

The defense's closing arguments and rebuttal were just terrible. I don't think Arias gave her attorneys anywhere to go.

Imo, if the jury decides to spare her life, it will because of the borderline-personality disorder diagnosis from the state - ironically.

Funny how the defense latched on to that over and over today, after arguing vigorously to disprove the diagnosis during the trial.

Time to place your bets.

Death penalty.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Duchess - 05-21-2013

Death penalty.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Adub - 05-21-2013

Death.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - ramseycat - 05-21-2013

Death.

The_Villagers

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - ZEROSPHERES - 05-21-2013

Count me in, DEATH. I can't wait to see the look on her face when the penalty is read in court.

(05-21-2013, 08:38 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: Count me in, DEATH. I can't wait to see the look on her face when the penalty is read in court.

I can (though I'll watch anyway). Based on the law, if I were on that jury I'd give her the death penalty. However, it still makes me kind of squeamish despite the fact that she's a monster.

If she were given life, I'm afraid she'd continue to take every opportunity to put herself in front of the media. Maybe she'd write a book or something. Blurg. That makes me want her dead for the Alexander family's sake.

She held up a survivor t-shirt??? I missed that. WTF??

(05-21-2013, 09:34 PM)username Wrote: She held up a survivor t-shirt??? I missed that. WTF??

Yep, she did so when she proclaimed that while others are entitled to their opinions, she is indeed a survivor of domestic violence!!

She held up the shirt and, being the philanthropist that she is, announced that proceeds from the sell of the shirts will go towards helping "other" victims/survivors.

Here's what the Jodi Innocence site (the one authorized as "official" by Jodi and her mom) has on its front page:

The new “Survivor” t-shirts are now available. A portion of the profits generated from the sales will support other survivors of domestic violence, and go to Non-profit Domestic Violence organizations selected by Jodi.

----followed, as always, by:

If you would like to help Jodi directly by way of a financial donation via check or PayPal, click here (or click the Team Jodi link below) for further details.

Today, at the sentencing phase for the premeditated slaughter of Travis Alexander, during her final opportunity to tell the jury and the Alexander family her priorities/feelings about her crimes, Jodi Arias chose to peddle her two money-making jail-based businesses before a national/global audience; the artwork and the t-shirts.

My bet: 60 / 40 odds in favor of death.
The law fully supports the death penalty in this case and the jury is so qualified. But, it has to be unanimous and I could see one or two jurors figuring the BPD diagnosis as a mitigating factor, whether it was directly presented as such or not. Negotiation may be required to reach a sentencing verdict, which could mean settling downward instead of being hung.