Mock
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander (/thread-7085.html)

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - ZEROSPHERES - 05-24-2013

(05-23-2013, 07:26 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The verdict is "no unanimous verdict". They're 'effin hopelessly deadlocked!!!!!!!!!!!

Arghhh...

Dammit! Bring back the good old days when the only hard decision was whether the prisoner should be hanged or drawn and quartered. Or better yet the 'even older days' when a good stoning was a community participation event. After all it's a Holiday Weekend and I should think Sheriff Joe Arpaio could get a small historical reenactment accomplished in this case. Or maybe a parade followed by a 'Burning at the Stake' in Town Center. I want blood, Dammit....

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Duchess - 05-24-2013

She slaughtered him like a pig. I can't help but feel had Travis done that to Jodi he would have gotten death.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Midwest Spy - 05-24-2013

^^^ Yep.

If the genders were reversed, I think it'd be an easy death penalty verdict.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 05-24-2013

(05-24-2013, 06:52 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:
(05-23-2013, 07:26 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The verdict is "no unanimous verdict". They're 'effin hopelessly deadlocked!!!!!!!!!!!

Arghhh...

Dammit! Bring back the good old days when the only hard decision was whether the prisoner should be hanged or drawn and quartered. Or better yet the 'even older days' when a good stoning was a community participation event. After all it's a Holiday Weekend and I should think Sheriff Joe Arpaio could get a small historical reenactment accomplished in this case. Or maybe a parade followed by a 'Burning at the Stake' in Town Center. I want blood, Dammit....

Do I sense some sarcasm in this post?

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-24-2013

Arghhh...

Well, I'm not blood thirsty myself, but announcing a "Verdict" and then announcing that the verdict was there was no verdict was 'effin weird for everyone watching. Darn tootin', it twas!79

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 05-24-2013

(05-24-2013, 07:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Well, I'm not blood thirsty myself, but announcing a "Verdict" and then announcing that the verdict was there was no verdict was 'effin weird for everyone watching. Darn tootin', it twas!79

The only reason I can think that the jury did that was because they didn't want the judge to even have the opportunity to send them back for more deliberations. They wanted to make it perfectly clear that they were done, done, done.

I kind of hope that Juan and the Alexander family settle for LWOP. I don't want Jodi getting another opportunity to put herself in the public eye. I'd rather she just disappear at this point.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-24-2013

(05-24-2013, 07:52 PM)username Wrote:
(05-24-2013, 07:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Well, I'm not blood thirsty myself, but announcing a "Verdict" and then announcing that the verdict was there was no verdict was 'effin weird for everyone watching. Darn tootin', it twas!79

The only reason I can think that the jury did that was because they didn't want the judge to even have the opportunity to send them back for more deliberations. They wanted to make it perfectly clear that they were done, done, done.

I kind of hope that Juan and the Alexander family settle for LWOP. I don't want Jodi getting another opportunity to put herself in the public eye. I'd rather she just disappear at this point.

The Alexander family wanted the death penalty, so I hoped for their sake that they'd get it. It would take forever for her to be executed, if she ever was, anyway. Arizona hasn't executed a woman since 1930.

If I understand correctly, based on the guilty verdict rendered, Arias will be in max security prison with essentially the same restrictions as a death row inmate. That is the worst punishment for someone like her, imo. So, LWOP seems befitting to me too.

Will be interesting to see if Martinez and the Alexanders choose to take death off the table for LWOP and waiver of all appeals. I just don't think Arias would accept it.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - ZEROSPHERES - 05-24-2013

(05-24-2013, 07:33 PM)username Wrote:

Arghhh...

Do I sense some sarcasm in this post?

You're right. I may have gone a little overboard

[Image: ghnteyjn.jpg]

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Jimbone - 05-24-2013

If they won't put her to death, maybe they can broker a deal of LWOP + NO MORE MEDIA during her incarceration. Starve her of the attention she so deeply craves, and let her wallow in oblivion until she passes.

I'd also make sure she had extra bedsheets, shoe laces, and belts during her stay.

Mr Bone, You and I know that would be a fate worse than DEATH.

She would start talking to 'The Shadow People'.

(05-24-2013, 06:16 PM)Adub Wrote:
(05-24-2013, 03:53 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Correction:

Just heard the foreman interview clip again.

He said that he believed that Arias had been "verbally and mentally" abused. I misheard him to say "physically" abused previously.

Surprises me no less that he believes her to be an abuse victim/survivor, but corrected for accuracy.

I didn't really pay a lot of attention, but wasn't there something about Travis calling her nasty names? She probably deserved it, the crazy psycho bitch. Ms Einstein!

In context, I didn't think the names that the self-proclaimed Ms. "Einstein" was called in response to her actions were anywhere near abusive.

But, it's subjective. Obviously, at least one juror thought they were. I don't know why that surprised me, but it did.

(05-24-2013, 07:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: If I understand correctly, based on the guilty verdict rendered, Arias will be in max security prison with essentially the same restrictions as a death row inmate. That is the worst punishment for someone like her, imo. So, LWOP seems befitting to me too.

Will be interesting to see if Martinez and the Alexanders choose to take death off the table for LWOP and waiver of all appeals. I just don't think Arias would accept it.

I heard that she would have 3 years of treatment exactly like those of death row inmates but after that she could be moved to a different ward and start earning privileges. I don't like that (and one of the TH's on HLN suggested that jurors should have 3 options; something he called life row...where she'd spend her entire life in death row circumstances). But, I don't know if that's an option. I just don't want her to be able to get in front of the public ever again.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-25-2013

(05-24-2013, 08:23 PM)username Wrote: I heard that she would have 3 years of treatment exactly like those of death row inmates but after that she could be moved to a different ward and start earning privileges. I don't like that (and one of the TH's on HLN suggested that jurors should have 3 options; something he called life row...where she'd spend her entire life in death row circumstances). But, I don't know if that's an option. I just don't want her to be able to get in front of the public ever again.

Three years of isolation probably feels like an eternity, but I didn't realize there was an exact limit imposed on her time in row-like lock down. Thanks for clarifying.

Every now and again one of the THs has a good idea; life row is an interesting proposition.

P.s. I agree that it would be appropriate to deny Arias access to media as well. Hope that restriction continues. For me, lack of access to other inmates is the bigger punishment. That's a lot of alone time to reflect on her crimes and lies...

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Carsman - 05-25-2013

(3) If the new sentence is not just good ole death, then denying Arias access to the media & to other inmates will be a severe punishment. That's plenty of alone time for her to reflect on her horriffic crime.

However, if it turned out she did in fact get LWOP, she seems delusional
enough (I'd hate to believe) that she would eventually be able to live in her own make believe world and be content.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-25-2013

(05-25-2013, 08:14 PM)Carsman Wrote: (3) If the new sentence is not just good ole death, then denying Arias access to the media & to other inmates will be a severe punishment. That's plenty of alone time for her to reflect on her horriffic crime.

enough (I'd hate to believe) that she would eventually be able to live in her own make believe world and be content.

That's a good point, Cars.

If a jury of her peers (or a judge, if a second jury hangs) can't see fit to put Arias on death row, she might adjust and become content or she might be miserable in her own skin/head.

Either way, she won't be free or a danger to society. And, she won't be able to manipulate or derive pleasure from other inmates for at least three years. If that's where this ends up, it's gotta be good enough.

P.s. good to see you.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Carsman - 05-26-2013

(05-25-2013, 09:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-25-2013, 08:14 PM)Carsman Wrote: (3) If the new sentence is not just good ole death, then denying Arias access to the media & to other inmates will be a severe punishment. That's plenty of alone time for her to reflect on her horriffic crime.

That's a good point, Cars.

If a jury of her peers (or a judge, if a second jury hangs) can't see fit to put Arias on death row, she might adjust and become content or she might be miserable in her own skin/head.

Either way, she won't be free or a danger to society. And, she won't be able to manipulate or derive pleasure from other inmates for at least three years. If that's where this ends up, it's gotta be good enough.

P.s. good to see you.

(1) Hi Ms HOD, great to see you as well.
Cain't sleep, so spending a little time in here. hah

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-27-2013

(05-26-2013, 03:30 AM)Carsman Wrote: (1) Hi Ms HOD, great to see you as well.

Hey, are you numbering your posts to honor Duchess's holiday post-count request?

Dang it. I was so glad to chat with you here. Now, I'm suspicious that you were just using me to accomplish your goals for another woman. Feel so used!! Dramaqueen (Ah well, I'll take it anyway.)

Hope your Memorial Day shindig is a great one, Cars.

Juror Interviews
-HLN is advertising interviews with Arias jurors.
-To be aired tomorrow, 5/28, during Jane Velez-Mitchell, Nancy Grace, and Dr. Drew.
-No details as to how many yet.
Really interested in hearing the breakdown of male votes to female votes and what they considered mitigating factors.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Carsman - 05-27-2013

(05-27-2013, 07:32 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-26-2013, 03:30 AM)Carsman Wrote: (1) Hi Ms HOD, great to see you as well.

Hey, are you numbering your posts to honor Duchess's holiday post-count request?

Dang it. I was so glad to chat with you here. Now, I'm suspicious that you were just using me to accomplish your goals for another woman. Feel so used!! Dramaqueen (Ah well, I'll take it anyway.)

Hope your Memorial Day shindig is a great one, Cars.

Juror Interviews
-HLN is advertising interviews with Arias jurors.
-To be aired tomorrow, 5/28, during Jane Velez-Mitchell, Nancy Grace, and Dr. Drew.
-No details as to how many yet.
Really interested in hearing the breakdown of male votes to female votes and what they considered mitigating factors.

(4) You are astute. As far as the numbering, but not the intent of using you, nevah! I enjoy talking with you, and would and will talk with you without the goal. No really! You'll see I'll talk to you tomorrow, when the Holiday goal is over. Smiley_emoticons_wink

(PS: haven't reached the goal any day yet)

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - BlueTiki - 05-29-2013

(05-23-2013, 11:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-23-2013, 09:36 PM)username Wrote: I don't fault the jury. At least they found her guilty (unlike Casey Anthony). I think they did their best.

I feel the same and honestly don't understand the complete shock by so many.

I fault the jury.

The jury foreman stated that Arias wasn't a Dahmer or a Manson. WTF does that have to do with HER actions?

Additionally, he stated that they knew if they didn't reach a unanimous verdict, the judge would sentence her to life.

So . . . instead of them going on record and AT THE LEAST unanimously agree on the same sentence, they took the cowardly way out and left it up to the judge. "Let someone else be responsible for her destiny . . . we're done!"

Spare me the "personal convictions" bullshit that prevented four of the members from deciding on death.

They took an oath without the caveat of serial killer or cult leader to adminster the ultimate sentence.

Cowards!

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-29-2013

(05-29-2013, 12:52 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: I fault the jury.

The jury foreman stated that Arias wasn't a Dahmer or a Manson. WTF does that have to do with HER actions?

Additionally, he stated that they knew if they didn't reach a unanimous verdict, the judge would sentence her to life.

So . . . instead of them going on record and AT THE LEAST unanimously agree on the same sentence, they took the cowardly way out and left it up to the judge. "Let someone else be responsible for her destiny . . . we're done!"

Spare me the "personal convictions" bullshit that prevented four of the members from deciding on death.

They took an oath without the caveat of serial killer or cult leader to adminster the ultimate sentence.

Cowards!

Wasn't surprised by a split jury; figured there was a good chance it would happen and they'd be out a while. But, hoped they'd negotiate a unanimous verdict.

What is really surprising to me are some of the reasons that are coming up in juror interviews.

I expected to hear "mental illness - BPD" come up. Instead, hearing in juror interviews that the good works Arias said she would undertake in prison and the fact that some of them believed that she was verbally abused by Travis were considered mitigating factors that outweighed the aggravating factor for the four who were against a sentence of death.

Anyway, glad she's locked down while the the justice system moves to the next step and, no matter what, she'll never have the opportunity to do what she did to Travis Alexander ever again.