Mock
Going Home - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Going Home (/thread-7369.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Going Home - LuciferLynn - 02-08-2012

Does anybody, or has anybody, just gone home one night with someone they just met? This is mostly for women, but I'm interested in men's input too. I have a friend that will go home with a man she has just met that night at the bar, either back to his place or hers. I think this is VERY stupid and dangerous. I myself have never done that. I'm very choosy about whom I decide to take to bed, and it's never been just some dude from the bar or whatever. Anyway, she says I need to "live a little" and "stop being such a prude". I'm 30-something years old. I think I'm a little old for such nonsense and anyway, how the hell does she know these guys aren't serial killers or rapists or stalkers? What say you, Mock?

RE: Going Home - JsMom - 02-08-2012

I say she is out of her fucking mind. That's just creepy. Hopefully she'll never catch an STD let alone be hurt. Tell her to wake up!

RE: Going Home - Cynical Ninja - 02-08-2012

She needs to grow up and raise her personal standards of behaviour, she comes across sounding like some kind of desperado.

RE: Going Home - IMaDick - 02-08-2012

if she bought me a drink I feel obligated.

RE: Going Home - HairOfTheDog - 02-08-2012

I have done that twice; stupidly. Years and years and years ago. I was partying too much and probably hungry for the attention (and other things). Used protection, but still not a safe idea bringing someone you don't know well into your home. I wouldn't do it again and have never (and would never) encourage my friends to do something so irresponsible. But, I wouldn't judge them harshly if they ocassionally sought sex with strangers, protected, with some kind of security/check-in in place so they are not alone with someone without at least a friend knowing who/where, etc... My single male friends do it regularly, sans the security. Not my bag, but it's a safety issue, not a moral one, for me.

RE: Going Home - username - 02-08-2012

Thinking....

Nope, I don't think I've ever done that. I'm hard to get; I don't put out until at least the second date.

There was one time, at a bar in Tahoe that I came really close to doing that (damn, he was a looker) but I chickened out and left him with blue balls instead.

RE: Going Home - LuciferLynn - 02-08-2012

I was hoping I wasn't the only one that thought this was dangerous. If she wants to get her rocks off with Johnny Rotten from the ABC Tavern, thats certainly none of my business, but I just don't think it's a good idea to take him back to her place. I just can't imagine the idea of taking a stranger into my home, let alone into my bed.

RE: Going Home - Cynical Ninja - 02-08-2012

When I was at college I used to take girls back to my shitty college digs but there was honestly nothing worth stealing in there unless you really liked notebooks or instant noodles.

RE: Going Home - SIXFOOTERsez - 02-08-2012

Back in the day I did quite a lot of that, so I asume that that meant there were a lot of women that did the same thing. That was for the most part bach before they invented aids and safe sex meant Lock the Car Door

RE: Going Home - Cracker - 02-09-2012

Nope. But I have to admit I used to be the first one to slink off and go smoke a j at some stranger's house. I've met some really cool people that way. haha

RE: Going Home - Midwest Spy - 02-09-2012

When I separated from my first wife in '01, the first 2 or 3 times I went out (with buddies) I had women take me to their homes.

I think it's more prevalent than you think LucyLynn.

Women just don't talk/brag about it with their girlfriends. We all know about the doublestandards.

(02-08-2012, 01:47 PM)username Wrote: Thinking....

Nope, I don't think I've ever done that. I'm hard to get; I don't put out until at least the second date.

There was one time, at a bar in Tahoe that I came really close to doing that (damn, he was a looker) but I chickened out and left him with blue balls instead.

I'm guessing this is an untruth ^^^^^^^^.

You've had more than 1 one-nighter. Most women have.

RE: Going Home - Duchess - 02-09-2012

(02-09-2012, 07:47 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: You've had more than 1 one-nighter. Most women have.

You're only accustomed to sluts to say that with such authority.

(02-09-2012, 07:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-09-2012, 07:47 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: You've had more than 1 one-nighter. Most women have.

Well, women in bars probably have greater slut tendencies than those that don't frequent bars, but, that's just another assumption on my part.

I just think that all the women here with their faux outrage over the idea of a one-night stand is pretty comical. At least HOTD admitted it. Is she a slut?

(02-09-2012, 07:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Is she a slut?

Fuck if I know. *shrugs*

RE: Going Home - Cracker - 02-09-2012

I think it is half and half. Half of women would fuck a man they met in a bar. The other half of us don't. I met one man I dated for over five years in a bar. I didn't sleep with him for a few months. I think that is why he dated me for so long. He knew I wouldn't fuck some guy I met in a bar.

(02-09-2012, 08:05 PM)Cracker Wrote: I think it is half and half. Half of women would fuck a man they met in a bar. The other half of us don't. I met one man I dated for over five years in a bar. I didn't sleep with him for a few months. I think that is why he dated me for so long. He knew I wouldn't fuck some guy I met in a bar.

I think you're pretty near spot-on with your 50% guess. That'd be mine, too. Maybe a little closer to 60%.

RE: Going Home - FAHQTOO - 02-09-2012

(02-09-2012, 07:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

Well, women in bars probably have greater slut tendencies than those that don't frequent bars, but, that's just another assumption on my part.

I just think that all the women here with their faux outrage over the idea of a one-night stand is pretty comical. At least HOTD admitted it. Is she a slut?

Why would you think anyone would be afraid to admit they had a one night stand? I've had 1...in 1985. He wasn't a stranger though, we previously worked together. We were both shitfaced and he ended up with whiskey dick anyway...soooo, technically I haven't had one because I never got laid...hah

(02-09-2012, 08:10 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(02-09-2012, 07:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

Why would you think anyone would be afraid to admit they had a one night stand? I've had 1...in 1985. He wasn't a stranger though, we previously worked together. We were both shitfaced and he ended up with whiskey dick anyway...soooo, technically I haven't had one because I never got laid...hah

I feel that many women get uptight over this subject. Let's not kid ourselves, guys go into a one-night stand thinking 'one night', where, I believe, women think that maybe it could be the start of something (unless she's on vacation in some sort of exotic locale).

Then, when the guy doesn't call, the woman feels used. Those are not 'happy' one-nighters.

So, my feeling is that if a woman has had a true one-nighter, it probably wasn't what she was expecting, and wouldn't exactly be elated to share that information.

(02-09-2012, 08:18 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I feel that many women get uptight over this subject.

The women in here that will discuss this type of subject aren't your typical female, surely you've recognized that by now. You tend to generalize us quite a bit. I'm not being arrogant (much) when I say we are above average in all ways that matter. I understand that sounds a bit snotty but I don't concern myself with tact too much in here, it doesn't mean I'm not capable of it.