Mock
The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... (/thread-9485.html)

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - BlueTiki - 09-23-2013

(09-21-2013, 09:32 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Why involve the kids? My nephew argues with her constantly defending me. She talks about me all the time.

Sounds like you, too, involve the kids in your little drama.

But hey . . . I'm sure them running to you and reporting the latest news satisfies some need within you.

If it wasn't so, you'd encourage them to stop being little snitches.

Who knows? Maybe it's a variation on the whole "bad press is better than no press - at least they're talking about ME!" thing?

Or just another example of water (or dysfunction) seeking its own level . . .

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - ramseycat - 09-23-2013

Actually Tiki, I told them both I don't want to hear it anymore. I have way too much to worry about with this move than what the ex had to say about me. Trouble is she never stops and that causes drama. The kids get upset because of it. I don't like that so yes I calm them down and tell them not to worry about it.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Duchess - 09-23-2013

I was watching/listening to the Today show earlier & it was serious business, they had been discussing the terror attack at the mall and suddenly there was a break and they reported there was BREAKING NEWS, of course I thought it was something to do with the terror attack. No! It was a woman giving birth, LIVE on tv. WTF.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - ramseycat - 09-23-2013

This is kinda funny and stupid. Wednesday I was at family court with the ex. We were ditto g in the waiting area and he was sitting across from me. I had on my mother's wedding ring with its big diamond. I've been wearing it since she died. I don't know why other than its really hard to get off. Anyway, the ex asked me if I was engaged. I'm surprised he didn't recognize the ring. I said no. It's just a ring. He got the funniest look on his face. Like if really hid him that I am gone forever. He has always thought he could get me back at any time since we split. Never mind that this isn't true. Anyway, I just thought that was funny.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - crash - 09-23-2013

(09-22-2013, 09:14 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Well six weeks back in the gym this week. Down 7 or 8 lbs, feel better and have become a slave to this little fucking step counter. Little bastard has be in for almost 7 miles today.
By Christmas none of them assholes upthread will have shit on me

Catch up, old man...

I made it back to the 70's club this week. Just. And that's enough. 175 lb at 6'4" puts me at the lower end of the BMI scale. I can run 5k again without panting like a shot dog. And those muscles around your hips that go diagonally into your groin, well they back!

Sit ups next. I promised myself ten years ago the six pack was coming back.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 09-23-2013

I'm at the post office and there's a guy collecting signatures to "impeach Obama". The sign says Obama is in bed with Al Qaeda.

Is there a Bed, Bath & Beyond in that Kenyan mall? Michelle is going to be pissed but hey, some of them were dressed as women.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - SIXFOOTERsez - 09-24-2013

(09-23-2013, 09:53 AM)crash Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 09:14 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Well six weeks back in the gym this week. Down 7 or 8 lbs, feel better and have become a slave to this little fucking step counter. Little bastard has be in for almost 7 miles today.
By Christmas none of them assholes upthread will have shit on me

Catch up, old man...

I made it back to the 70's club this week. Just. And that's enough. 175 lb at 6'4" puts me at the lower end of the BMI scale. I can run 5k again without panting like a shot dog. And those muscles around your hips that go diagonally into your groin, well they back!

Sit ups next. I promised myself ten years ago the six pack was coming back.
I'll probably never see 175 again, to much muscle mass for that. Probably end up somewhere around 225. Working on it

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - crash - 09-24-2013

I think you're taller than me from memory, and you look a bit more solid. 225 is probably perfectly healthy for your frame size. Good luck with it!

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Duchess - 09-24-2013

Use a potholder, damnit. I don't like dishtowels hanging on the front of my range. It looks retarded.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Eat Shit And Die - 09-24-2013

drinking lime soda at the pub really does make you realize you know some really twatish people when they are drunk.

haha

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Duchess - 09-24-2013

(09-24-2013, 03:00 PM)Eat Shit And Die Wrote: drinking lime soda at the pub really does make you realize you know some really twatish people when they are drunk.

haha

Oh hell yeah. One of my friends is a jockey and I really can't stand to be around that little bastard when he's been drinking. I know that the only thing that has kept him from being pounded into the earth is that he's the size of a little kid.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Eat Shit And Die - 09-24-2013

(09-24-2013, 03:02 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-24-2013, 03:00 PM)Eat Shit And Die Wrote: drinking lime soda at the pub really does make you realize you know some really twatish people when they are drunk.

haha

Oh hell yeah. One of my friends is a jockey and I really can't stand to be around that little bastard when he's been drinking. I know that the only thing that has kept him from being pounded into the earth is that he's the size of a little kid.

Pint Size seems the most relevant nickname ever.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Maggot - 09-24-2013

I just count my lucky stars that I have never seen the dark inside of an automobile trunk. Lord knows I deserved it at certain times in my life.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Carsman - 09-24-2013

The Queen wants you to wind her clocks! And you'll get $50,000 to do it!

http://on.aol.com/video/queen-of-england-looking-for-someone-to-wind-up-her-clocks-517944890?hp=1&playlist=127158&icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl7%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D380815

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 09-25-2013

(09-23-2013, 09:53 AM)crash Wrote: Sit ups next. I promised myself ten years ago the six pack was coming back.

I do sit ups and crunches all different kinds of ways but I read an article the other day and tried what it suggested and learned something I probably should have known years ago.

Doing a typical crunch, I usually have my knees bent, feet on the floor and I lift my shoulders 4-6 inches off the floor. Standard. Well this article I read said basically do the same thing/keep your legs bent in the same position but lift your feet off the floor about 3 inches or so. It's a better ab workout and easier on your lower back. I've done it for a few days and it's definitely a better position for an ab workout and it is easier on the lower back. Duh. How did I not know this?

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - crash - 09-25-2013

I do them with my legs crossed, up on a gym ball. I had cramps in my abs all fucking day...nothing like going out of the box hard, crash...dickhead

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 09-25-2013

(09-25-2013, 05:29 AM)crash Wrote: I do them with my legs crossed, up on a gym ball. I had cramps in my abs all fucking day...nothing like going out of the box hard, crash...dickhead

hah

On a couple of occasions, I've done some oblique exercises that have caused me to have to roll out of bed sideways instead of sitting straight up. It felt like a damn rib cage muscle tear (which I suppose it could have been).

One of those involved holding a medicine ball (probably only around 6lbs or). with my arms straight up over my head and leaning left, then right, then sort of down and around in a circular motion. Sounds easy enough but I thought I was going to die over the next few days.

Oops

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Duchess - 09-25-2013

I once overdid lunges and was so sore I had to kinda hold on to the wall as I slowly & awkwardly tried to sit down to pee. I haven't done dedicated exercise in a long time, now I just swim & ride and I like to hike & dance but mostly I try to take 10,000 steps a day one way or another.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - SIXFOOTERsez - 09-25-2013

This kid I have for a trainer is BIG on lunges, has me doing something called a Scissor lunge now, you jump from one lunge to the next...20 times...3 sets...Ouch

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Duchess - 09-25-2013

I would never be able to accomplish that, I'm too clumsy. I'd find a way to get tangled up in my own feet.