Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(04-08-2013, 10:12 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Aww, hell . . . now you've gone and jinxed it!

His lasted damned near 9 months.

True story...

I got laid off from my job right when that trial started, and got to watch nearly all of it before I found another job. Used to listen to Roger Cossack and Greta Van Sustern blah blah blah all day long.

Amazing I didn't blow my brains out.

Side note, I never went and filed for unemployment, because unemployment was for losers. Ah to be young and stupid again.

Now I'm just stupid.
Grasping at straws . . .

"Attorneys for confessed killer Jodi Arias filed another motion for mistrial Monday.

In the court documents, Arias' defense attorney says the "circus-like atmosphere" surrounding the trial has made it impossible for Arias to get a fair hearing.

He says it has become, "the equivalent of the Salem Witch Trials."

Arias' team blames prosecutor Juan Martinez and accuses him of playing to the television audiences and the crowds who come to watch the trial."

STORY
Here's the April 7 motion for mistrial.

Thanks, Friends of murdering, lying, anal, sociopath Jodi!

April 7 Defense Motion

I don't know how bad people have friends. Smiley_emoticons_slash
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
You sweet thing!

It's because her friends put a "W" between LaViolette's "B" & "S" diagnosis.
(04-09-2013, 12:41 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Here's the April 7 motion for mistrial.

Thanks, Friends of murdering, lying, anal, sociopath Jodi!

April 7 Defense Motion

Thanks for posting this, Tiki.

What a weak motion for mistrial. "The prosecutor was mean to me!". (Smiling imagining Jodi's reaction were she being prosecuted by Kelly Siegler.)

Expecting lots more desperate motions from the defense as the trial moves toward the end zone.

I think 4 jurors were dismissed from the OJ trial, 3 from Scott Peterson's, 2 or more from Michael Peterson's... Wouldn't be surprised to see motions for another 1 or 2 dismissals from this jury before end of the month.

P.s. So tired of LaViolette's face and evasiveness; hoping Martinez finishes with her today and there aren't too many juror questions.
Sonofabitch!

LaViolette is now alleging the defense team restricted her ability to interview witnesses (collateral sources).
Martinez is really tearing LaViolette apart.

She's coming across as sloppy, evasive, defensive, biased and downright full of shit! Alyce Liar LaViolette.

Riveting cross-examination today. Major points for Martinez. Loving it!!
And the public money meter keeps spinning...

This PD is raking it in on this case.
(04-09-2013, 03:21 PM)Jimbone Wrote: And the public money meter keeps spinning...

Every taxpayer and State aid recipient should be forced to watch how $350 per hour is being spent.

Alyce's credibility is shot.

And I believe she's angry (not because her ass is being handed to her by a man) because she's now been proven to be inept, biased and a back-peddaling, lying fraud.

Professionals in her field should be vocally outraged as to her bumbling and subjective "methods".
(04-09-2013, 03:21 PM)Jimbone Wrote: And the public money meter keeps spinning...

This PD is raking it in on this case.

Well, sure, the amount of taxpayer dollars spent for PDs to defend the likes of Arias is undisputed as frustrating.

At the same time, the judge, the prosecutor, the court reporter, the expert witnesses, the guards...are all being paid for their court time as well.

Based on what I caught, what went down in court (at that frustrating expense) was favorable to the right side of justice in this case today. Martinez was very effective in exposing a professional spin master who's severely disparaged the dead victim without foundation and who's earning a fortune trying to keep a pathological liar (who I believe is a cold blooded murderer) from being appropriately punished for her crime.

It was a good and significant day for the victim in court today.

So, don't try to bring me down! Smiley_emoticons_wink
(04-09-2013, 07:46 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: So, don't try to bring me down! Smiley_emoticons_wink

And here's a little sumpin' for you, my darling!

Help Jodi - Keep Positive!
(04-10-2013, 01:07 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(04-09-2013, 07:46 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: So, don't try to bring me down! Smiley_emoticons_wink

And here's a little sumpin' for you, my darling!

Help Jodi - Keep Positive!

hah Geez, who are these unintentionally funny people?

Just tuning in; Martinez seems to be scoring points in driving home the point that JODI ARIAS IS A STALKER!

There is no rehabilitating LaViolette as this point, in my opinion. Jodi's big gun is shooting herself in the foot.

So glad Martinez is fully discrediting the unfounded attacks on Travis's character and the insane depiction of Jodi Arias as an innocent victim of her own huge capacity to love.

Hoping Martinez addresses the Hughes's email today and puts some context around them. If I were a juror, I'd find them much more worthy of consideration than the words of Arias, LaViolette or Samuels.
Martinez has finished cross.

Redirect should be interesting.
Put a fork in LaViolette. All of Willmott's chirpy leading questions won't change what came out in cross.

1. There is no piece of new or corroborating information, no matter how incriminating towards Arias, that would change LaViolette's predetermined, purchased, and stagnant "expert" opinion.

2. Stalking is abusive according to LaViolette's "DV and Abuse Continuum" chart, EXCEPT if Jodi Arias is the stalker.

3. LaViolette believes that not reporting alleged psychological abuse (and going back to the alleged abuser) is normal and indicative of shame, EXCEPT if the victim of psychological abuse is Travis Alexander.

4. Jodi told LaViolette that she saw Travis masturbating to photos of children on the computer; inconsistent with her current claim that Travis was looking at hard copy photos of boys at the time (I think that's the change of story that Jodi wanted to communicate to Matt McCartney before he testified again at the pre-trial hearings).

5. Travis had a thing for Cameron Diaz, who did a very famous scene wearing Spiderman boy cut underwear.

6. Jodi told LaViolette that she shot Travis in the closet, not the bathroom.

7. Jodi told LaViolette that she borrowed gas cans from Daryl Brewer because she needed them for her planned trip to Mesa (oops).

I'm sure there are lots more defense-damaging points that I missed.

Imo, Samuels ended up being a wash and LaViolette's testimony has, thus far, supported the prosecution's theory more than the defense's claims.

HLN reporting lots of jury questions for Alyce.
Outstanding synopsis, HotD!
Thanks, Tiki.

Just heard on Nancy Grace that Jodi also told LaViolette that the knife was on the bed stand; missed that part of her testimony. Another huge piece of information that supports the prosecution theory, introduced into evidence by the defense's star witness. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Were it not for her very own notes being put in front of her face, I don't think Alyce would have volunteered or confirmed anything that conflicts with what Jodi is peddling now. LaViolette's notes have proven to be a gold mine for Martinez.

It's laughable watching Alyce trying to explain away all the inconsistencies in Jodi's stories by claiming that she misunderstood Jodi, she wrote it down in a way that could be misconstrued, she mistakenly assumed what Jodi meant... Not sure if Alyce is advertising her own supposed lack of professionalism in those regards in order to protect her ego (surely SHE couldn't have been duped), or if she's attempting to take the hit for the inconsistencies in attempt to hide the fact that she's lying to benefit Jodi Arias. Probably some of both, imo.
This "woman" is driving me insane! I know she works for the defence, but Jesus Christ, how can she show such bias and think no one can see it. I'm sure I just heard her answer 15 questions in a row with a simple yes or no. The prosecutor had to fight every step of the way to get a yes or no. I'm not sure he ever got a straight yes or no out of her.

I wonder if her career will go in the shitter after this? Probably not...too many stupid people to counsel with.
(04-10-2013, 09:26 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: This "woman" is driving me insane! I know she works for the defence, but Jesus Christ, how can she show such bias and think no one can see it. I'm sure I just heard her answer 15 questions in a row with a simple yes or no. The prosecutor had to fight every step of the way to get a yes or no. I'm not sure he ever got a straight yes or no out of her.

I wonder if her career will go in the shitter after this? Probably not...too many stupid people to counsel with.

She's maddening.

It's like Alyce is a completely different person when being questioned by the prosecution; pulling teeth. No objectivity in her evaluation of Arias and no objectivity in how she presents herself on the stand.

Hope the re-direct ends soon and juror questions get started tomorrow. Those should be interesting.

I think her career belongs in the shitter given the lack of credibility in her sworn testimony, but you're probably right. Lots of idiots out there and lots of attorneys in need of an "expert" who will testify to even the most ludicrous of claims.
Jodi Arias Operating Twitter Page from Jail with Outside Help

"Jodi Arias is at the center of one of the highest profile murder trials the valley has ever seen. And now she's tweeting from behind bars.

But how can Jodi Arias use Twitter from jail? She doesn't have a computer. She does it through this woman -- Donavan Bering -- a close friend Jodi talks to almost every night on the phone."

Story and Video Here

Un-fucking-believable!