Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
the 2014 trivial drivel thread
I would do something. Other kids are going to continue being treated like that. Attempting suicide by jumpin in the lake? That place needs to be shut down ASAP. Criminal charges need to be brought against these people.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I had to get out of that hotel for some quiet while my daughter organizes for the umpteenth time. Not a bad spot to read for a bit.

[Image: image_zpsdc94ecc0.jpg]
Commando Cunt Queen
Looks nice User.

Very similar to Minny's 10,000+ lakes.
I'm wearing a long sleeved tshirt as I sit on the deck. Sigh.
(09-19-2014, 03:31 PM)sally Wrote: Her anxiety must be pretty severe, nothing has worked to control it?

No. One stinking neurologist diagnosed her with Tourette's last year and that totally threw her off course. She went down a totally different medication path that didn't help her at all.
Since then, other therapists have told her she doesn't have Tourette's but for some reason she clings to that diagnosis like a tic (no pun intended, lol). Maybe it's because it 's a neurological disorder as opposed to mental health. She doesn't have Tourette's. She clears her throat a few times or notices herself blinking and BAM she obsesses on it. OCD. She gets brain stuck on these little functions and they become a huge issue for her. Throw in serious social phobia and depression and you've got a kid who doesn't leave the house. In her world, if she can't get rid of the Tourette's she'd just assume die. Even if she HAD Tourette's people learn to live with it. I'm asking Rogers to work on all of that. Give her a real diagnosis and help her with the social fears/depression so she can cope with the tapes in her head (I have to blink, I have to blink... ). And drugs. I want her back on an SSRI which should help her with the OCD, depression and anxiety. Actually, I've read Prozac might be just the one for her. Smiley_emoticons_slash
Commando Cunt Queen
I had OCD and constantly had to clear my throat when I was a kid too. I think it started around the age of seven. I had to touch the fridge door a certain number of times and scratch my dads truck with a stick before I walked to school. One day he found all the scratches on his truck and pissed off wasn't even the word to describe his anger. I never did tell him why I did it. I still have it, but it's not so severe it disrupts my life.

I found it got better as I got older. She sounds more severe, but maybe it'll get better as she gets older and she can cope with it better in her mind.
Bingo! She obsesses on the obsessing for chrissake. Honestly, if my brain were constantly spinning tapes like that I'd go nuts too. Hindsight is 20/20. Sometimes I wish we'd just ignored it when she was little. Instead I think getting her help that early (2nd grade?) just ingrained in her that she had something wrong with her. It's such a deeply held belief and now we're trying to almost say the opposite..."okay, maybe you have these problems but really you're bright, capable and beautiful and you can do anything you want in life"!!! She's not buying it; she feels broken. *sigh*

Mine is locking my car (for one). I have to press the lock button and hear the beep at least 2 or 3 times before I'm comfortable the car is really locked. I have others too. Mostly around checking/rechecking things. Nothing life interfering though either.
Commando Cunt Queen
Sorry to hear what you and your family are going through right now User. It has to be extremely frustrating. Some people say the "Power of Prayer" can work miracles when all else fails. Don't know if you be live or not, just throwing it out there.
The only time I use prayer, is when I'm in jam, under pressure, (like when taking off & or landing) or adverse circumstances, it's really just a crutch, but many times it helps relieve the immediate stress.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Cars, I have some spiritual beliefs that probably don't fit in to any organized religion. I was sharing some of those with my daughter via notes at home when she didn't feel like talking. I think she'd benefit from some spirituality although she's pretty sure if there's something out there, it's cursed her. I don't believe in the "out there, puppet pulling" view.

Anyway, one night my atheist husband, with my daughter nearby, asked me why I was feeding her God crap. One of the many times in our marriage where I wanted to throat punch him. My daughter snickered and now I guess i'm the family holy roller FFS.

Irony? My husband insisted we get married in a church and stood beside me while our babies were baptized and we vowed to teach them about The Lord. I'm going to hell and my husband is headed someplace even worse. Smiley_emoticons_slash
Commando Cunt Queen

I'd like to pound the shit out of the entire Washington Redskins roster. [Image: fight.gif]

...and I could do it too. Rawr. *flexes*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Three Afghan soldiers are missing on Cape Cod. If LC were living she'd be looking for them.
(09-22-2014, 09:24 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Three Afghan soldiers are missing on Cape Cod. If LC were living she'd be looking for them.

Hope they really were soldiers who went AWOL, rather then them being "Sleepers"! Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

I read that pigs have the same emotional capacity as humans. Please don't eat the pig.
Well, Wisconsin didn't work out. Going to Ohio (yes, Ohio!!!) tomorrow. Trying a place that looks good but promises to half drag her in if need be.

She seemed ready to check in Monday night but she couldn't sleep. That morning in the process of getting ready she thought it would be a good idea to take 2 Clonidine that she was prescribed months ago for Tourette's. Knocked her on her ass. She couldn't even get out of her pj's. So I took her over there anyway and she was just cognizant enough to say "no" every time she was asked. Then she'd go back to sleep in the car. FML. One day I hope to look back at this and laugh. Right now I just want to go home (without her). If she blows the plane ride tomorrow, I'm hiring a transport company to pick her up and take her to Ohio. No shit.
Commando Cunt Queen
I'm sorry User. Can she just stay at home an go to out patient treatment?
But if she doesn't have tourettes why are the doctors prescribing medication for it? Pill pushing mother fuckers. I'm not saying she doesn't need some type of meds, but maybe they have her on too much?
(09-24-2014, 07:39 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I'm sorry User. Can she just stay at home an go to out patient treatment?

No. It's fucking torture getting her out the door. Period.
Commando Cunt Queen
(09-24-2014, 08:31 PM)sally Wrote: But if she doesn't have tourettes why are the doctors prescribing medication for it? Pill pushing mother fuckers. I'm not saying she doesn't need some type of meds, but maybe they have her on too much?

One doctor thought she had it. Since then 3 have dismissed the diagnosis but she still holds on to it. Maybe because it's neurologically based...less shame than a mental illness? Plus her dad co-signs her shit so there's that. She hasn't taken that med in months but somehow squirreled it away for a day like this. She said she might be overdosing after she took it. A very minor suicide call for help? Attention?? A precursor to something worse? She does talk suicide...hence why we're freaking killing ourselves trying to get her help and someplace safe.
We keep staying at suite hotels and the first thing we do is hide all the knives in the room. At home my husband wanted to hire a night nurse to watch her...he was so freaked out she was going to harm herself while we TRIED to sleep.
I finally kicked him out of the room and she's slept in my room for the last month so I could [not sleep] and keep an eye on her.
That's why I ended up in the hospital. Fucking dehydrated nervous breakdown the first time she refused to go with her dad to treatment.
This is ending here/now. Somehow, someway. I don't care how long it takes (big, fat lie), I'm getting her checked in somewhere! RAAWWR!
Commando Cunt Queen
Wow, User, to much for you to deal with by yourself. You need help, I know easier said than done. Hope you are getting names of places who have good reputation with high success rates.. Usually a reputable place will assist you in getting your daughter in the door. It might have to go to the extreme of a forced
entry, but I think saving her life now is your priority. I think, if it were my daughter, I would do that and let her hate me now and she can love me later when she is in better place. I think her fears will keep her from being a willing participant. If she could meet some of the other people enrolled in the program, she might realize that it's not such a bad place and that she is not alone in her suffering...Well, I know she knows you are there, but a peer might be a little different.
Think you said your Insurance is paying for this which is really a Godsend...Just adding my 2 cents worth, but know that I am thinking about you and hoping you and she find the answers soon....
Wow User, I really feel for you, what a sorry state of affairs! Can't even begin to imagine how frustrated as well as the over whelming feeling of helplessness you & your husband are going through right now. By the sounds if it, you are doing everything possible, even more then possible, to get your daughter the needed help she requires. Be strong, stay strong, easier said then done. But you must stay strong for your daughter's sake, if she sees you wane, it just may have a negative affect on her.