Duchess or anyone else who has a good eye...
(02-03-2011, 08:06 PM)username Wrote:
(02-03-2011, 07:51 PM)Cracker Wrote: IDK. You have the dark hardware, and the contrast is nice. If you are going to change anything, paint the wall darker and tell your MIL she's a creepy bitch and stay the fuck out of your bathroom. And tell your husband the placenta is gone, he can move on with his life.

hah

What you can't really see in the picture is that the edging on the maple cabinetry is actually stained quite a bit darker than the lighter maple around it. Hard to explain.

Dick, I was happy to see Cracker's first pic because it has the darker mirror on top with the lighter pedastal sink underneath. I kinda thought that was what I had. As far as stain goes, I imagine you're right...I can't just stain finished cabinetry, I'd have to sand it and stuff, right?

Fuck. Like I said, I don't have a great eye for this shit.

The first picture is a pedestal sink, the wood all matches.

The facet and drawer pulls do not need to change to change the mirror frames.

The white base boards might be throwing the whole thing into a mess, as well as the pattern in the floor tile, keep in mind one basic idea when decorating ,the big areas draw the most attention, the more bland they are the more you can emphasize the smaller details, if you have the emphasis of the room attached to the big areas the more subdued the details need to be. or the room closes in and looks cluttered and mix and matched.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duchess or anyone else who has a good eye... - by IMaDick - 02-03-2011, 08:24 PM