Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Der Spiegel publishes U.S. soldier "kill team" warning-graphic
(03-22-2011, 03:56 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: No, I am talking about not being as brutal as your enemy, saying to yourself "we don't do that because we are better than you", if you use the same tactics as the enemy/terrorists you are no better than they are, you descended to their level.

Soldiers who act with responsibility and discipline are 1000 times more mentally strong and tough than soldiers who lose the plot and start acting like animals. The real tough guys don't pose for photos and hack off the body parts of enemies, they just get on accomplishing the task at hand and looking after the man at each side of them.

You seem to be suggesting that wanton brutality is the norm, I'm saying that it isn't, and the small number of cases as posted in the original post back me up on this.

War is a bit brutal in nature, and some people are normally more brutal than others.

I think you could make a case for most US soldiers to not act that way, but the people we are fighting, it's not in their nature to not mutilate and degrade their enemies.

you know like hanging the bodies from bridges and city gates or dragging them around the city behind trucks.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Messages In This Thread
RE: Der Spiegel publishes U.S. soldiers "kill team" warning-graphic - by IMaDick - 03-22-2011, 04:03 PM