Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
"pickup truck of unknown make and model"

[Image: bilde?Site=DG&Date=20120527&Category=NEW...arly-quit-]

Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft walks past a banner displaying information about the disappearance of Mickey Shunick

full article at link:
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/201...y=nav|head

As the investigation into the disappearance of Michaela "Mickey" Shunick enters its second week, police and volunteers aren't giving up hope that the missing bicyclist — whose case has generated unprecedented community support — will be found safe.

"I think everybody — the investigative team and myself — feels that it is way too early to quit. Way too early," Lafayette Chief of Police Jim Craft said Friday. "I can tell you that the investigators are here every day for long hours. We've got to force them to go home. ... The longer this goes on, we're not going to be able to keep the same amount of resources we have dedicated to this case, but one week is not long enough for us to say we have to scale back."

Instead, investigators are handling a torrent of new tips and leads that began pouring in after surveillance videos released Friday showed a woman believed to be Shunick riding her bicycle along Versailles Boulevard and St. Landry Street around 1:47 a.m. May 19. A white, four-door pickup truck of unknown make and model is also seen in the video, traveling in the opposite direction, about one minute after Shunick passes.

"We've actually been flooded with information on potential trucks and why they are suspicious, that we should check a residence because there is a truck there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - by Lady Cop - 05-27-2012, 10:27 AM