Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School
On the Press;

It has been stated here that the media are only doing their job. Whilst that may be true, it seems any dignity or integrity the media once had is all but lost, if not long gone. The race to get any snippet out there first has left behind the importance of reporting the facts; the thing that created the need for the media beast in the first place. Nowadays when the press are joined by the plethora of keyboard warriors who have an insatiable thirst to want to be 'The first one to post it', like there is a trophy to be awarded, it seems that first cometh the hype, then cometh the truth. I don't know, in situations like this one, it only seems to add to the sadness.

On the guns;

People have been finding ways to kill each other since ever there were people, unfortunately. It will always happen. But then I ask myself why do we let kids not drink until 18/21, why do we not let them drive until 16 or so, why is crack illegal, and heroin and blah blah blah. Because we know that making them illegal will never get rid of them, but it will make the access harder for a lot of people and remove the tempatation in a lot of situations. Assault weapons and the like have been illegal down here since the Port Arthur massacre. There has not been a similar incident of such proportion since. I don't claim that as an answer; we aren't a similar population size as well as many other factors. But it does speak for itself somewhat.

On the Video Games/Religion;

I really liked Maggots comment about letting video games babysit the children. Something I really give a lot of credence to. Humans, in our thirst for information and impatience, have made just about everything in the world accessible to anybody with an internet connection, instantly. Therefore the 9 year olds with smart phones and Xbox live connections are growing up at enormously faster rate than kids of my generation nd the few after it. The problem is though, the parents are more removed from their lives and the kids aren't being armed with the life skills to deal with the information they are learning and trying to process. The ideology of what is 'wrong' has always differed in society, but it's getting thinner and thinner. Kids are becoming more and more desensitised. The value of a life is losing it's preciousness. Blaming the lack of religion in schools is just playing the blame game.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School - by crash - 12-16-2012, 07:38 PM