Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jesse Jackson Jr. - Criminal Plea
Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., (D-Ill.), who resigned in November in the midst of a criminal investigation, has agreed to a plea deal with federal prosecutors, according to Chicago media reports.

The 47-year-old Jackson, Jr., son of a civil-rights icon, has been under investigation for diverting tens of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions for personal use, a potential violation of federal law.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/je...z2KQzQkxBt

Not only did he try to buy a senate seat, he used campaign funds to buy home furnishings (allegedly). I'm not sure I buy his claim that he suddenly dropped off the map (just before Nyak's indictment) because he needed to undergo treatment for bi-polar disorder. Either way, it amazes me that Jackson Jr. got re-elected to the House even after his cohort Blagojevich had been convicted and Nyak had been indicted.

I hope the plea deal is not too lenient. John Edwards walked away from charges of campaign fraud with no jail time (jury's decision) and Jackson Jr. may well too. I don't think the terms of the plea deal have been released yet.

If we can't get campaign reform legislation passed, I think these assholes should at least face some serious consequences aside from their own political suicide.

Messages In This Thread
Jesse Jackson Jr. - Criminal Plea - by HairOfTheDog - 02-09-2013, 04:23 PM
RE: Jesse Jackson Jr. - Criminal Plea - by Maggot - 02-15-2013, 09:09 PM
RE: Jesse Jackson Jr. - Criminal Plea - by Maggot - 08-14-2013, 09:16 PM