Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(03-15-2013, 10:05 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 10:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Team Jodi. Unique perspectives...

"Women who are being sexually abused by men don’t even know that it is abuse……..until they do."

I did not edit that quote.

Team Jodi members have some incredible insight. I find myself skimming over there every couple of days for a reality check and to increase my knowledge of psychology and medical conditions. Why just yesterday, I learned why some women don't say "no" to men who ask for sex.

JA Supporter 1:
I missed a lot of the testimony today but did the Dr. talk about the ‘freeze’ response? I believe Jodi was having that response a few times during sexual encounters. She was unable to say “no” to Travis at least a couple times.

Reply: JA Supporter 2:
Possibly. But it is also likely she wanted to say no, but she also really really loved him, and so she didn’t want to disappoint him, and she may have also partially been okay with it because it felt good (physically) even if it did not mentally. Like more of a bittersweet type reaction to it?

Reply: JA Supporter 3:
I think that would describe the freeze response, actually. Wanting to say “no” but not being able to. She did say she was eventually able to say no during the first anal raping because it started to become too painful.

The freeze response is very common and highly misunderstood. It is common when neither the fight or flight response will work, or when both fire at the same time and in a sense, cancel each other out. A person will act much like a deer in the headlights.

Learn something new every day. The "freeze" response. So many victims.

Another victim of sexual abuse, Casey Anthony, actually introduced me to Team Jodi. Her page on Encyclopedia Dramatica (some of it's pretty funny) https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Casey_Anthony linked to Jodi's Dramatica page which linked to Jodi's innocence/support page. I was expecting more satire there and instead got a highly informative and educational site.

Seriously, Jodi and her team do a real injustice to true survivors of domestic and sexual abuse. Still, some of their theories and perspectives are just plain funny.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 03-15-2013, 03:39 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM