Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(03-19-2013, 05:31 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Martinez remains bothersome, to me.

Martinez's point: "You fucked-up by administering the wrong test to render an evaluation to accurately diagnose any condition(s) and determine appropriate treatment. Your results ain't shit. "

Martinez bothers me in some regards too, but he did score points regarding the test applicability, for sure.

Samuels is just a terrible witness. His demeanor is pretty good, imo, but he's like an amiable used car salesman. Smiling personably while spinning his pitch in any manner it takes to con you into buying his freshly spray-painted clunker.

The test he used, the way he administered the test, the way he scored the test, the falsities upon which the questions were answered and scored, the inappropriate therapeutic approach he took with the client... I can't see anything that he did that can be considered professional or valid.

I don't always feel that way about defense expert witnesses; some of them (less now than in the past) are sharp as tacks and can turn a case, all i's dotted and t's crossed, whether their tailoring their evaluations to fit the defendant's story or not. Samuels's tailoring is so 'effin transparent and disorganized that it's just laughable. He looks much better when Wilmott is questioning him, but way too much damage done on all of the key points for Samuels to help Jodi Arias in any way, imo.

Wonder why they put him ahead of the abuse expert. I feel like Samuels's testimony has been all over the map with the various amnesias, acute stress, low self esteem, PTSD... Even if it were better presented, his testimony only attempts to explain why Jodi's such a damn liar who supposedly has foggy memories. It only addresses what she did after the murder.

I presume the abuse expert is going to testify that all of Jodi's alleged previous abuse, especially at the hands of Travis, is what led to her being in such mortal fear as to butcher and shoot him. I'd have put the abuse expert on the stand first if I were the defense team.

P.s. Hearing Samuels reference the "pedophilia incident" today made think even less of him (which is less than zero).

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 03-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM