Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MURDERED: 8 yr old Leila Fowler - 12 yr old brother charged
(05-09-2013, 11:22 AM)Jimbone Wrote: Someone in that picture did it.

Searched a bunch of reports from different media sources trying to find missing pieces about the family/home. No real answers, but some questions and clarifications.

1. The time line and sequence of events

Leila was pronounced dead at 1 p.m. at the hospital. She was attacked at least 45 minutes earlier, at least that's when the brother allegedly called the parents to tell them that an intruder was in the house.

From the Union Democrat paper (Northern California):
Leila was pronounced dead at 1:01 p.m. Saturday at Mark Twain Medical Center. She died of shock and hemorrhage due to multiple stab wounds.

Leila’s 12-year-old brother called their parents, who were at a baseball game nearby, to tell them someone was inside the home on the 5600 block of Rippon Road, according to the Sheriff’s Office. The parents phoned 911 dispatchers about 12:15 p.m.

The boy briefly pursued the intruder, who then fled the home, the Sheriff’s Office said.

When the brother went to check on Leila, who had been in a different room, he found she had been stabbed.

Lots of missing details in my mind:
-Brother heard no screams?
-What time did the brother call his parents?
-Did he/they know then that Leila was stabbed?
-Did parents call 911 from the baseball game and then rush home, or did they go home first and then call 911?
-Leila didn't die in the home but in the hospital?

2. The attack
A piece from the same paper yesterday noted that Leila had been stabbed 21 times. No source given and I hadn't heard that before or seen it anywhere else.

If it's true, the killer had to have been very bloody, running through a neighborhood in the middle of the day on a Saturday?

3. Where's Mom?
Krystal Walters (some media spelling it "Crystal") has been called Leila's mother in most reports and photos. I assumed she was the biological mother.

Gramps Fowler said his son lived with a fiancee. Several other media sources report that Leila lived with her dad and stepmother. All over the map.

Now I'm wondering if Krystal Walters is the live-in girlfriend/wife who is oft being called "Leila's mother". Somebody's missing in all of this; either the bio-mother or the dad's live-in/wife is totally off the radar.

Seems to me now that it's the bio mom who's not been heard from or seen because Krystal seems to be Barney Fowler's current live-in/spouse. If so, where's mom?
------------------------------------------------------

Really basic details missing from all reports. Weird.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by HairOfTheDog - 05-09-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by californiakid - 05-18-2013, 12:16 PM