Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
This is what i found about the cross examination when i googled it. It doesn't say that it isn't allowed when there is a judge present. And i have a vague memory of some session on tv that if it got to this point that martinez would put the interview of jodi's parents. of course that was speculation because no one knows what martinez is going to do until he does it and we see it. anyways see below for what i found and the link provided.

Some states have strengthened victims' rights to make victim impact statements. In Oklahoma, for example, the governor signed legislation amending and expanding the law concerning victim impact statements (Senate Bill No. 665). The legislation protects victims' absolute right to make a victim impact statement and prohibits anyone other than the victim from amending or excluding the statement from the record. The law also prohibits the cross-examination of victims presenting oral impact statements when the cross-examination is not part of a proceeding before a judge or jury acting as a finder of fact.

http://ovc.ncjrs.gov/sartkit/develop/issues-vis.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by heartbreaker6713 - 05-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM