Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MURDERED: 8 yr old Leila Fowler - 12 yr old brother charged
Isaiah Fowler will be back in court at 1:15 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18, in Department 1 of the Calaveras County Superior Court.

A trial date is expected to be set at the hearing. Both sets of attorneys claim they hope to go to trial before the end of 2013.

Last month, Isaiah's father, Barney Fowler, spoke to the local media. He says he believes his son is innocent.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfW39TLeohKhiDaD_Bh9s...ZnMCnRQYQQ]
Isaiah Fowler at a vigil for Leila; days prior to his arrest on charges that he stabbed her to death.

Snip:

“I saw (my son’s) demeanor. I saw the two weeks after that. I don’t think he did it,” Barney Fowler said.

“I went in and carried my daughter’s body out and was going to take her to the hospital because I felt she was still alive,” Fowler told KCRA. Fighting back tears, he said he did not wish to go into the details of that moment.

“Nobody can begin to grasp what we’re going through,” Fowler said. “… We couldn’t even deal with the fact that she’s gone, we had to jump into defending Isaiah.”

“Sad thing is a lot of people who were great and kind to us kind of turned their backs on us (after Isaiah's arrest)” Fowler said. “… Our kids are, even Crystal, they’re scared to death to be alone or even go anywhere by themselves.”

“What kind of parents would we be if we curled into a ball and gave up? Because trust me, there are days that you don’t want to get up, there are days that you don’t want to go on, but we have to do it for our other kids,” (Crystal) Walters said.

As the family tries to make sense of what happened earlier this year, Fowler and Walters hope their speaking out will yield the sense of compassion they encountered early on.

“The community wants answers. We want answers,” she said. “We can’t let anybody know what happened in that house that day. We don’t know the answers to those questions and we’re the parents.”

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/...963f4.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by californiakid - 05-18-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by HairOfTheDog - 09-17-2013, 12:01 AM