Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread....
(12-17-2013, 11:52 AM)username Wrote: I need to get my ass moving. I have a flight to Vegas in a couple of hours.

It's coming up on four years since my last visit to Vegas.

I used to really love sports wagering.

Great story:

When I was there last time, a guy right in front of me at the sports book, took Jacksonville (-6) for $4K, the Jacksonville 'Under total' for $4K and then parlayed those two plays for another $2K. So, if he hits his two plays, he wins $13K. He had been on the phone right next to me and my buddy right before making his plays, probably with some sort of sports service that he most likely had paid pretty good money to.

For some perspective, when I'd make a play on a game, I'd max out at $100.

Fast forward to the end of the game. Jacksonville is up by 17 going into the 4th quarter, and it's a very low scoring game. This guy is comfortably winning both ways. My buddy and I are tracking it closely, because this is going to be a sweet payout.

Cleveland ends up making the game a little closer and they get the ball back at their own 20 yard line with 45 seconds to go (and no timeouts), AND if they end up scoring a meaningless TD, this guy will now end up losing BOTH ways. Cleveland can't win the game, but they can 'cover' the spread, and go 'over' the total.

It comes down to the final play, with Cleveland having 1 second on the clock to run a play from the Jacksonville 10 yard line. Of course, they score and this guy loses $10,800.

We suddenly hear a giant 'FUCK' from the corner of the Sports Book, and see this guy storming off.

That's the beauty of Vegas.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - by Midwest Spy - 12-17-2013, 01:09 PM