Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Michael Dunn Trial: The Murder of Jordan Davis
(02-15-2014, 06:25 AM)Pat/Ohio Wrote: I think they'll come back with a verdict fairly soon today. They asked a question today that sounded like they've agreed on everything but one charge. IDK what's to even decide.

I think they'll decide today too, Pat.

When the jury asked if they could submit a verdict on all but one of the counts, they were told "yes". In that case, a mistrial would be declared on only that one count and it would be at the prosecution's discretion as to whether to retry Dunn on that single count alone.

Dunn faces the following charges:
1 count of 1st degree murder
3 counts of 1st degree attempted murder
1 count of shooting or throwing a deadly missile

I'm hoping that the count to which the jurors cannot agree is one of the attempted murder charges or the charge of shooting/throwing a deadly missile.

I have a feeling Dunn will be convicted of lessers; that the jury will come back with second degree on the murder charge and second degree or manslaughter on the attempted murder charges. If that's how it plays out, hopefully the sentences for each will add up to some significant amount of time which will have to be served separately, but IMO, it will more likely be concurrent time imposed. If he's not acquitted, I think Dunn's gonna be sentenced to about 10 years. This is based only on how long the jury has been deliberating and their questions/requests -mere speculation.

Really hope my feeling/speculation is wrong. I don't care much if the the jury convicts on lesser charges for the attempted murder counts as long as they find Dunn guilty of 1st degree on the murder of Jordan Davis.

Tomorrow would have been Jordan Davis's 18th birthday.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Dunn Trial: The Murder of Jordan Davis - by HairOfTheDog - 02-15-2014, 10:58 AM