Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MURDERED: 8 yr old Leila Fowler - 12 yr old brother charged
New Trial Date - WED, MARCH 19TH, 2014

At pre-trail hearing, the Attorney for 13-year-old Isaiah Fowler asked that the March 5th trial date be pushed back (again).

Defense attorney Mark Reichel cited a scheduling conflict and the fact that his office is still gathering evidence in the case. The Judge allowed the date change and Fowler's murder trial is now set for March 19th. Calaveras County District Attorney's office says the hearing could take three weeks.

Leila Fowler was murdered inside their Valley Springs area home on April 27th, and the autopsy revealed that she died from multiple stab wounds. Her 12 year-old brother Isaiah was home alone with her at the time and claimed an intruder had killed his sister. Police arrested Isaiah in May; he's charged as a juvenile with murder.

Last I saw, the children's dad, Barney Fowler, was supporting his son's claims of innocence in the murder of his daughter. If there's been any change in Isaiah's pleading (he pleaded "not guilty"), I've not seen anything. Doesn't look like a psych defense is on the agenda -- looks like a "some other dude did it" defense is the plan.

Again, it's a juvenile proceeding, so information is harder to come by. There will be no cameras allowed in the court, but it's open to the public, so hopefully a solid local reporter will be on the case when the trial starts in just under 3 weeks.

I think about Leila often.
[Image: 1369455122.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by californiakid - 05-18-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: MURDERED: 8 yr old Leila Fowler - 12 yr old brother charged - by HairOfTheDog - 03-02-2014, 09:38 PM