Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
COOPER HARRIS, 2, DIES IN HOT CAR: JUSTIN HARRIS CHARGED WITH MURDER
The $2,000 life insurance policy on Cooper was through work. The $25,000 policy was purchased in Nov. 2012. No way to know how long Harris was thinking of killing his son. But, if he'd purchased it closer to Cooper's death, it would be more of a smoking gun, I agree.

For me, the smoking gun from today's hearing was the decomp stench that was present in that car (of course, that was a smoking gun for everyone but the jury in the Casey Anthony case too). It would have been around 115 degrees in his car and the baby would have been dead for at least 5 hours before Justin Ross Harris drove away from work that day. There is no way possible that he could not have smelled the decomp (unless his nose, like his one ear, is dysfunctional).

LE doesn't think this was a death of negligence; they think it was a death of malice. But, it was smart of the DA to drop the cruelty charge down to negligence before the hearing so they didn't have to show as much of their hand to meet the burden for probable cause.

I'm curious as to whether the family had a dog. Harris reportedly watched a video of dogs dying in a hot car, twice. But, the defense didn't try to explain that away by claiming that he researched it because he was concerned that his dog might die in a hot car.

And, I really wanna know more about the wife.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Leaving kids or animals in the car. - by Cutz - 06-19-2014, 08:14 PM
RE: Leaving kids or animals in the car. - by Cutz - 06-22-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: COOPER HARRIS, 2, DIES IN HOT CAR: JUSTIN HARRIS CHARGED WITH MURDER - by HairOfTheDog - 07-03-2014, 11:08 PM