Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT KILLS WOMAN IN SAN FRANCISCO -- the death of Kathryn Steinle
I support the concept behind Kate's Law, even the five years if it applies to illegal immigrants who are also convicted felons and who've already been deported once. The original proposal also calls for 10 years for subsequent convictions by illegal immigrant felons.

The bad part is the cost to tax payers, but it's one that I think we should bear for increased public safety. I don't know if we could realistically charge Mexico for the cost of those incarcerations because it's a failure on both sides' border control. But, maybe it could be a split cost. I'm just thinking out loud.

Anyway, already, the original proposal for Kate's Law seems to be changing and morphing to apply to any illegal immigrant, whether they've been convicted of any crime other than illegal entry or not. At least, that's how the bill called "Kate's Law" submitted today by Arizona Rep Matt Salmon reads to me. I do not support that. Salmon's bill: http://salmon.house.gov/media-center/pre...kate-s-law

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see where this goes.

P.s. In the case of Sanchez, I agree that the ICE request should have been honored. Sanchez was already a convicted multiple felon with a history of re-entry. Sheriff Mirkarimi should man up and own his department's failure, IMO.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT KILLS WOMAN IN SAN FRANCISCO -- the death of Kathryn Steinle - by HairOfTheDog - 07-15-2015, 05:48 PM