Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
COOPER HARRIS, 2, DIES IN HOT CAR: JUSTIN HARRIS CHARGED WITH MURDER
(09-15-2015, 10:38 PM)ramseycat Wrote: In the Atlanta region, this story has been on the news non stop. I wouldn't move it to the next county. But perhaps a few hours away? Out in a more rural area where the story might not have been on their local news as much. I would hope they can find people that can stick with just the facts presented at trial. I know I would have a hard time not considering all the info from the media. I probably shouldn't assume everyone would be that way. I just look at his stupid baby face and want to hit him with a shovel.

Looks like the judge agrees with you, rams, or she feared there was a strong enough argument to risk appeal.

Snip:
After three weeks of more than 80 prospective juror interviews, a judge has ruled a change in venue for the murder trial of Justin Ross Harris.

The defense filed a motion for a change of venue Friday afternoon, about three weeks into jury selection.

Forty-one local residents had been qualified to serve on the jury, but five have already stated their belief in Harris' guilt. The court needs one more juror from which to select a panel of 12 plus four alternates.

Jurors will decide if 22-month-old son Cooper Harris died of heatstroke in a closed-up and unbearably hot car because his dad forgot to take him to daycare – or if it was a deliberate and cruel murder by design, carefully researched and planned
Once a county in Georgia has been selected, a fresh jury pool will be summoned and the process begins anew.

Despite her final ruling, Judge Staley said moving the trial would be expensive and complicated, with the potential to find themselves in a courtroom with no security, air conditioning, or nearby hotels to accommodate the large number of people who would be housed for as long as six weeks.

Both prosecution and defense as well as judge and court staff will need to stay wherever the new location is for the duration of the trial and may get weekends off, the court heard today.

Brunswick, Georgia was put forward as a potential option but the court will decide on a new location over the next few days.

Ref: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z47X5FsWyU

Messages In This Thread
RE: Leaving kids or animals in the car. - by Cutz - 06-19-2014, 08:14 PM
RE: Leaving kids or animals in the car. - by Cutz - 06-22-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: COOPER HARRIS, 2, DIES IN HOT CAR: JUSTIN HARRIS CHARGED WITH MURDER - by HairOfTheDog - 05-02-2016, 04:40 PM