Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
COOPER HARRIS, 2, DIES IN HOT CAR: JUSTIN HARRIS CHARGED WITH MURDER
The Defense

Looks like Ross Harris' now ex-wife, Cooper's mom, is going to be central to his defense.

[Image: rossharris2.jpg]

Snip:
Defense attorney Maddox Kilgore made his opening statement in Harris’ murder trial today. Prosecutors argue Harris intentionally left his 22-month-old son Cooper in the SUV in June 2014 as he sought to escape the responsibilities of family life and focus on sexual liaisons with prostitutes and young women - even teenagers - he met online.

Tuesday, Kilgore admitted that Harris committed “sexual sins,” and argued that although there’s no doubt Harris is responsible for the boy’s death, he is not a criminal.

“Ross’s sex life, no matter how perverse and nasty and wrong … doesn’t have a thing to do with the fact he forgot that little boy,” he said, according to the Atlanta-Journal Constitution.

Kilgore said Leanna Harris will tell jurors that prosecutors “got it wrong.” He said that though Leanna Harris will testify that her former husband was unfaithful to her in their marriage, she will say that the man “loved that little boy more than anything in the world.”

“She’s going to tell you he was a wonderful father – a woman who’s got every reason in the world to despise his guts,” Kilgore said.

Prosecutor Boring (what a name) said Harris shed “not a tear” when he was being questioned by police after his son died, and complained to officers.

“Is he screaming, ‘Can I see my son? What is going on here?’” Boring said. “No. He complains that it’s hot in the back of the patrol car.”

But Kilgore countered, showing jurors of video of Harris in a police interview room after the boy’s death, apparently sobbing and wailing, “What have I done?”

Harris grew emotional in court as his lawyer spoke, wiping tears from his eyes.

Full story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia-hot-...o-testify/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Leaving kids or animals in the car. - by Cutz - 06-19-2014, 08:14 PM
RE: Leaving kids or animals in the car. - by Cutz - 06-22-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: COOPER HARRIS, 2, DIES IN HOT CAR: JUSTIN HARRIS CHARGED WITH MURDER - by HairOfTheDog - 10-04-2016, 03:32 PM