Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tales from the Frontline: Online Dating
Date with the Doc night:

Reservations at really nice restaurant.
Initial impression: nice looking, dressed nice, warm hello
Awkward chitchat while we waited but that was probably me - it’s a little nerve-wracking.
Hostess called us for table reservation - and she said table for two for Dr. Such-and-such. For some reason I didn’t like it - unnecessary flex? Like ok I get it you’re a Dr.
Dinner was fantastic, convo ok mostly, a little quirky about what I was going to order and how healthy or not it may be - strongly suggested seafood. So of course, I immediately didn’t want to order seafood. And didn’t.
He ordered dessert. Lol. Moments were nice. Thinking I think he seems to like me ok despite my non-seafood choice and hmmm maybe just need more time to get to know him. On the fence.
Then when they were bringing bill he said - I have a surprise for you but it’s in my car right outside. After weighing chances of being abducted and killed - I said ok but I needed to let my sis know because I’m sharing my location with her and she’ll wonder what’s up when I leave and don’t call immediately.
So go to car, and he gets out a saxophone and tells me he wants to play me a song. ( omg I am trying so hard not to crack up - internal dialogue- I got this - I can handle this public sax serenade post first date.) Hahaha
Then to top it off he says ( wait for it)….I just started taking lessons.
And starts playing very proudly. And very ummm squeaky then a note squeak note etc.
stopped playing and said guess the song!! ( ummmmmmm lol lol I’m dying like wtf do I say)
I made some guess like Georgia On My Mind haha
He said think holidays and “played” some more - I said Auld Lang Syne? My face definitely turned red by this point.
Ding ding ding. I was right. Then he went back squeak-note-ing until I guess the song was over.
He was really really really proud of himself.
I didn’t know what to do so I kind of applauded,thanked him and said good night.
Yeah so that just happened.
I cannot stop laughing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tales from the Frontline: Online Dating - by GirlBoss - 01-04-2023, 10:50 PM