Finding an adopted (older) sibling...
(03-10-2016, 02:32 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Must be exciting (and probably a little nerve-racking for your mom?) getting ready to finally meet him in person?
Oh definitely. After so long, almost 41 years, especially with it all happening so fast....he contacted us Sunday and we all met on Thursday, she was a fucking whirlwind of emotions. Mostly good emotions, finding out that he had a great life growing up...I know that took some old weight off her shoulders to have confirmation that she made the right decision. I'm sure it brought up some less than great emotions, seeing as how she was kicked out of her house and had to live at some catholic charity home for young unwed mothers on the opposite side of town....but I really have not seen her this happy or at peace in so long...so I know the good is outweighing any of the bad.

(03-10-2016, 05:20 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Isn't that so cool! What an experience this will be for your Mom, not taking away from you and your sibling/s, just thinking about what this must be like for her. I hope it's everything you all wish it to be. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Don't worry, we we're all pretty excited too.

My mom was always upfront on the subject, so I've known about him for as long as I can remember....and he's always been like...a figment of my imagination almost? I knew he existed, I knew his birthday, I knew my mom named him Christopher Michael, and I knew that my brother and I were both bigger at birth...I don't know why I cared about that, lol, but I knew it. I had even met his father. But I had no idea where in the world he was, what his name was, what he looked like, or if he was even alive (you never know) and now all the sudden, here he is. I'm still kind of soaking it all in.

That being said, this was a pretty incredible day. It went better than I have ever imagined it in my head. It was so comfortable. It felt like we had all known each other for a long, long time. A couple other very close family members were there (we all gathered at one of my cousins' house), but my mom is one of 7 kids so not everyone was there....didn't need to overwhelm the guy right off the bat lol. We ended up staying for almost 6 hours, and I don't remember a single awkward moment. Somehow, he got lucky and dodged whatever gene it is that makes us sweat so god damn much lol, because his biological father sweats a lot too. Oddly enough, he and my sister both have a touch of the jungle fever lol. I will post a pic in a little while, because it's time for me to smoke a bowl....long day.

And thanks Ramsey! There wasn't really any reason for me to quote you but I appreciate that, it's been an exciting week

My mom has said in the past that she always thought that giving her baby up for adoption would be the hardest thing she'd go through in her life, until my dad killed himself... (she was also a Cleveland police officer, rising to lieutenant during her 28 years...so it's not like she was living like Peggy bundy or anything) so finally meeting him, and having it go so well, I know it has brought her some peace. She really deserved this, and I am still blown away by this whole situation

Messages In This Thread
Finding an adopted (older) sibling... - by koko - 05-24-2013, 07:46 PM
search: over. - by koko - 03-10-2016, 01:44 PM
RE: Finding an adopted (older) sibling... - by koko - 03-11-2016, 02:53 AM