Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing
Personally, I think the McStays either really did cross the border or the family in the video just happened to look and dress a lot like the McStays.

Just don't think that imitators were used to stage a border-crossing video; seems too elaborate and requires involving another person or people to pull it off. Really risky and, to me, unnecessary.

If the computer searches regarding Mexico entry requirements for kids (and possibly the Spanish language software inquiries) were parts of a ruse to get everyone thinking the family was off living it up in Mexico or some other getaway, those red herrings (along with the Trooper being planted at the border) would have been enough without having to involve others.

Would have been easy enough for authorities to assume the family crossed in disguise or slipped in with a large group. But, then, it's possible that the computer searches and software inquiries were legit, unrelated to the disappearance, and whoever made the McStays disappear was unaware of them. In that case, the video may have been more essential.

Anyway, if the border crossing really was staged, whoever was behind it was very focused, committed and detailed - the imitator(s) may have even been wearing McStay clothing.

I do think the video helped LE feel more confident about what they'd almost immediately assumed: voluntary disappearance.

It's possible to me that the Trooper was driven to San Ysidro by someone who found it abandoned at/near the gravesite too.

This case gets me going in circles; no strong opinions here, but lots of questions.

Hope it gets solved soon.

Messages In This Thread
RE: McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing - by HairOfTheDog - 11-23-2013, 09:47 PM