Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MURDERED, 9-YEAR-OLD REANN MURPHY, OHIO
Thanks for the info, RAP.

Such a sad story - Reann's dad was reportedly friendly with Metsker and is understandably furious and devastated.

Here's the latest from ABC 5:
SMITHVILLE, Ohio - The man accused of killing a 9-year-old girl then dumping her body in a dumpster is the one who called 911.

The Wayne County Sheriff's Department also said that 24-year-old Jerrod Metsker also took part in the search for Reann Murphy Saturday night.

Police said both Murphy and Metsker lived in the same mobile home park in Smithville. According to police, Metsker was the last person seen with Murphy. The two were building a snowman together Saturday afternoon. Sheri Rose's son was playing with them too but he got cold and went inside.

I didn't see him as a threat and I allowed my children to play with him and it makes me sick," said Rose.

But others in the neighborhood were not so trusting.

"I got a real bad vibe from him," said April Walters, who did not allow her children to play with Metsker.

Metsker was arraigned on an aggravated murder charge on Monday morning. Bond was set at $1 million.

Preliminary ressults of an autopsy released Monday night determine strangulation as Murphy's cause of death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MURDERED, 9-YEAR-OLD REANN MURPHY, OHIO - by HairOfTheDog - 12-17-2013, 11:39 AM