Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New York Times posts an article about Kay Jewelers
(04-26-2019, 03:26 AM)MirahM Wrote: Jesus,
All I was doing was expressing my thoughts in my first post-I didn't call anyone here a rapist, racist or pedaphile or sexual harraser.
And then the part where I labeled it with [/sarcasm] was where I was being "overly dramatic" as I put it.

Then you lay in to me with "You mean you were VIRTUE SIGNALING!" And then you go on to tell me about how #metoo isn't good or bad it just is.

I really wanted to say "mansplain" instead of "tell me" in the sentence above.

Yes you were "expressing your thoughts" and those thoughts seemed to not touch on reality which suggests either:

1) you are completely ignorant in the thoughts you were expressing, which would suggest it would be charitable for someone to let you know how tenuous their grip on reality was.

2) you are delusional about what people think and why and the realities of #MeToo and society in general. If that is the case then a touch of reality shining into things should be therapeutic

3) you are expressing or feeling and not really believing a thing of what you say but want to signal a narrative that makes you feel virtuous or righteous or aggrieved and indignant, in hope others pick up on your expressed "feelings" rather than actually think to hard on the irrationality and lack of logic.

#MeToo is neither good nor bad, it depends on how and who uses it and to what ends. That is "water is wet" kind of thing. You may call that "mansplaining" but a term like that is usually only used by insecure, oppression narrative, bleating Feminisits that cannot handle being treated equally and so therefore pathologise interactions and communications with men to make themselves "feel" more superior. That is why HoTD uses it, or when pressed labels men she disagrees with as bigots or conspiracy theorists OR EVEN rape apologists.

I know you may believe the above is harsh and mean, but I bet you know it is true.

The only reason I say all this is because I actually like you. I do not think you are a demented, crazy old biddy like Rootilda and nor a dishonest, ideological propaganda-spewing Progressive loser like HoTD. I like to think you have a bit more intellectual honesty and critical thought than either of those two.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York Times posts an article about Kay Jewelers - by Fry Guy - 04-26-2019, 07:06 AM