Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anne & Nancy Wilson ~ Heart
Liquid Wrote:according to ASACAP, BMI and SEASAC you are wrong. I pay all 3 of these organizations thousands and thousands a year for the right to play their songs in certain settings (bars, restaurants, corporate events). It is an amazing scam, but if you were a musician you would want the protection of your music. I agree that it was STUPID for Heart to react as they did and I imagine in this setting they would have lost, but just not worth the battle.

Scam is right! No one is stealing the music, they're playing it and by playing it they're flattering the musician. Someone needs to be enlightened in those companies.

I live with a musician. All I hear is "I wish someone would play our music" so bullshit. Unless the musicians grow balls and stop the whiny bullshit that the ever so fucked up on coke and booze Lars Ulrich started about stealing music no one but the big corporations are going to make money on their sweat and talent. They don't even realize what tools they made of themselves.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by The Antagonist - 09-06-2008, 09:42 AM
[No subject] - by Liquid - 09-06-2008, 10:54 AM
[No subject] - by Lady Cop - 09-06-2008, 11:01 AM
[No subject] - by The Antagonist - 09-06-2008, 11:05 AM