Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Victoria (Tori) Stafford, 8 - Canada, Murdered. The trial of Michael Rafferty
I am sorry for the graphic content, but this is even less graphic then what I heard today and I am still wrapping my head around it all. I just meant this to be a brief overview but ended up typing a lot more.

Even though it did seem as though TLM was being honest about a lot of things, parts of her testimony didn't quite add up, I still don't think this wasn't premeditated and was a spur of the moment abduction. She did seem honestly distraught and emotional, she really has nothing to gain or loose and she pleaded guilty to first degree murder and is already serving her time, but I think she has somewhat minimized her role in this. At points I felt bad for her for her childhood, but in no way do I feel bad for her actions and the consequences she faced, I wish we had the DP here sometimes, it's sad to think that she will be eligible for parole one day and may walk the streets again.
Rafferty to me looks like an evil man, not much emotion from him except for anger and agitation. At one point it looked as though he might have been crying, but I don't think he actually was, I don't think he has any real feelings. How he is pleading not guilty I do not understand, even though we now know that it was TLM that ultimately killed Tori, he can still be found guilty of first degree murder as kidnapping and sexual assault were involved in what resolved in a murder. I am also sure that when the ME takes the stand he will testify that there were signs of sexual abuse, I am not sure how her body was when found though, she was out buried in bags under rocks for 103 days!

I am also sorry for any typos, punctuation etc it may not be easing to read but I wrote this on my ipod so not easy to bold my thoughts as opposed to testimony.

They should both be tortured and left out to die.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Victoria (Tori) Stafford, 8 - Canada, Murdered. The trial of Michael Rafferty - by Jezreel - 03-14-2012, 12:12 AM