Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
5 year old boy held hostage in bunker
A 5 year old boy was taken hostage off a bus when a man, identified as 65 year old Jimmy Lee Dykes, came onto the bus and demanded two boys. The bus driver refused his order and was shot several types and killed, while the other 21 children were able to escape the 5 year old boy was grabbed at random. Dykes took the child and ran away to a bunker underground and have been there for over the last 3 days. The child needs daily medication which officials have been able to negotiate through piping as well as crayons and coloring books. Dykes was supposed to show up in court this week regarding a dispute with neighbors over him firing a gun at his neighbors during an argument.

"Dykes, described by neighbors as threatening and violent, is accused of pulling the boy at random from the bus Tuesday and killing the driver who tried to protect the 21 children aboard. The gunman and the boy were holed up in a small underground room on his property that authorities likened to a tornado shelter, not uncommon in the rural South."

"Dykes had been scheduled to appear in court Wednesday to answer charges he shot at his neighbors in a dispute last month. Neighbor Claudia Davis said he yelled and fired shots at her, her son and her baby grandson over damage Dykes claimed their truck did to a makeshift speed bump in the dirt road. No one was hurt."

"Dykes was known in the neighborhood as a menacing figure who neighbors said once beat a dog to death with a lead pipe, threatened to shoot children for setting foot on his property and patrolled his yard at night with a flashlight and an assault rifle."

"He's crying for his parents," Skipper said. "They are holding up good. They are praying and asking all of us to pray with them."

More of the story at the link:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/01/ala...in-bunker/

What i find interesting in this article is that it says she (Claudia Davis) and her grandson but i was watching on HLN and this same story was told and it was a guy(neighbor supposedly) and he was explaining right where it happened and saying it was his infant daughter, so is it male neighbor and infant daughter or grandmother and baby grandson? Also heard that there is no picture being circulated of Dykes because there isn't one available of him out there.

I sure hope this little boy comes out safe and am praying that man doesn't touch him! I can't imagine how those parents are feeling right now!

Messages In This Thread
5 year old boy held hostage in bunker - by heartbreaker6713 - 02-01-2013, 04:27 PM