Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing
[Image: mcstay-family.jpg]
RIP Joseph, Summer, Gianni, and Joey Jr.

Investigation now classified as "Homicide"
After having considered the McStay family "voluntarily missing" for nearly four years, LE has launched a homicide investigation with some new sets of eyes. Good.

Who did It and Why?
The 4 bodies were found in two separate graves. Manner of death is not yet known. Motive, of course, is also unknown at this time.

The usual supsects?
I think the killer(s) is probably someone close to the family; business associate, family member, disgruntled ex, former friend... But, the McStays may have been killed by someone unknown to them - remains to be seen.

Possible avenues/leads for exploration?
Joseph was having some disputes with his business partner and his webmaster; Summer had changed her name legally a few times and harbored some apparent hesitance to talk about or connect with her bio-dad; the McStays may have had laborers in the house helping with renovations prior to their disappearance; the McStays were allegedly involved in a CPS case whereby they claimed Joseph's oldest son from his previous marriage was being abused - and his ex-wife had fired back with claims against Joseph and Summer (that's from the Baker book, not LE-verified), etc...

^ All info that could be potential leads now that the family is known to be dead, rather than voluntarily missing.

However, this case has never seriously been looked at as a possible homicide by LE before, so all possibilities are still on the table. Drug cartel, sexual predator, attempted home invasion or car jacking gone wrong - none ruled in or out at this point, AFAIK. It just seems unlikely, to me, that they were random targets of a stranger.

Victims of a Serial Killer?

There's some speculation that Israel Keyes, a prolific serial killer who recently killed himself, might be responsible. Timing and geography could fit. Personally, I don't think Keyes would have targeted an entire family with kids, but he should be considered and ruled in or out of the possible suspect pool as quickly as possible. (Link to ESAD's Israel Keyes thread: http://mockforums.net/thread-10641.html )

Hoping to see some arrest(s) made soon

This article includes a good quick overview for those new to the case:
http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-victo...z2kjnF1aLz

Messages In This Thread
RE: McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing? - by HairOfTheDog - 11-16-2013, 10:20 AM