Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing
(11-24-2013, 12:00 AM)Cheyne Wrote: As to Michael's "sobbing" at the press conference, take a good look at the video. His face works and he brushes his eyes with his hand at first, then he manages to squeeze a tear out of his right eye and leaves it there. Later his face works again and he brushes his eyes. I only saw that one tear on his face the entire time. Now I can understand if he wasn't shocked with grief due to his statements on 10 Jan 2012, since he believed his brothers family had met with foul play, but his performance was over-the-top to me. I don't believe his act, but that is just my opinion.

I don't know what to think about Michael McStay's actions.

Family members of the missing/dead are flawed like everyone else, doesn't mean they're responsible or involved. Then again, family members often ARE involved. So, I'm open minded.

In any event, Rick Baker is an idiot, IMO. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he first wrote the book, claiming it was only to help bring attention to the case and he we was going to donate all the proceeds to the search effort. There was no movement in the case at the time and although his theories were seriously flawed by connecting dots that I thought were a huge stretch (and making claims without providing proof to substantiate them), I figured as long as it was clear he was presenting his opinions/theories only, couldn't hurt and might help. Plus, freedom of speech still reigns supreme.

Since then, he's backtracked, whined about the family members' reactions to him accusing them of hiding the McStays and accusing Summer of killing her husband and running off with some unknown other man (Jesus, of course they didn't like it)... He's taken his blog up an down whenever he felt that he was getting too much heat. He's inconsistent with his own claims regarding his motives - like his new blog first entry where he says no one is accusing Michael McStay vs. his latest blog entry directly accusing Michael McStay. He's inserted himself all over media pieces as an "expert" on the case, on and on... I wish he'd shut the eff up and go away. But, freedom of speech still reigns supreme and he seems to crave the attention, so I expect he'll still be popping up all over the place.

Anyway, if LE uncovers anything to indicate that Michael McStay might be involved or responsible, I'll be really interested in hearing it.

[Image: mcstay_people_magazine_screen_1385514684...20_240.jpg]

^ PEOPLE magazine's next issue will feature the McStays on the cover. I don't think there will be any new information therein, but do hope that the person/people responsible for the family's deaths are alive and aware of the continued massive nationwide exposure - and shaking in their boots.

If anyone's interested in the ongoing drama between Michael McStay, other family members, and "author" Rick Baker - here are some links to sites they manage or follow:

mcstayfamily.org
Find the McStay Family Facebook page
Search for the McStay Family Facebook page
Justice for the McStay Family (rickgbaker.blogspot.com)

Messages In This Thread
RE: McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing - by HairOfTheDog - 11-29-2013, 01:22 PM