Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing
IS HE A VIABLE SUSPECT?
MICHAEL MCFADDEN - MARRIED TO JOSEPH MCSTAY'S EX-WIFE

[Image: 24235590_BG1.jpg]

Good to see some investigative reporting kicking into gear on this case.

Mr. McFadden may be completely uninvolved with the McStay's disappearance and murders, but he'd be at the top of my list of POIs to rule in or out based on his previous criminal history and connection to the family (even without Patrick McStay's claims).

Snip:
Michael James McFadden is the current husband of Joseph McStay's ex-wife, Heather; and the step-father of Joseph's McStay's now 17-year-old son by the first marriage.

A few months before the McStay family disappeared from their Fallbrook home on Feb. 4, 2010, Summer McStay filed a Child Protective Services complaint against McFadden, according to Joseph McStay's father, Patrick McStay.

"No one knows what the CPS report said because we're not allowed to see it," Patrick McStay told CBS News 8 in an interview from his home in Texas. "I have evidence that there were threats made, after the CPS report, to Joey and Summer."

"I know that Joey had discussed going for custody of his eldest boy. I know that there was a CPS report. I have found evidence that there was a threat. I found my son's notes that tell me what was going on, and McFadden is named in the notes," Patrick McStay said. "To me, that is enough to investigate this guy."

McFadden, 49, works at a jewelry store in Laguna Beach, once owned by his father-in-law.

Court records show McFadden is an ex-con who served prison time following a felony, domestic violence assault 15 years ago.

In July of 1998, Huntington Beach police officers arrested McFadden after the brutal assault that caused great bodily injury to his then girlfriend, a mother of four children, according to court records.

McFadden, then age 33, was charged in Orange County Superior Court with eight felony counts, including burglary, assault by means of force likely to produce great bodily injury, corporal injury to a spouse (or significant other), terrorist threats, and attempted murder.

In January 2000, McFadden pleaded guilty to a pair of felonies: assault by means of force likely to produce great bodily injury, and terrorist threats. He was sentenced to two years, eight months in prison; and ended up serving 15 months.

"What can you take from this? I mean, I gotta figure this guy is pretty dangerous," said Patrick McStay, Joseph McStay's father.

Full story: http://www.760kfmb.com/story/24235590/mc...l-mcfadden

Messages In This Thread
RE: McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing - by HairOfTheDog - 12-17-2013, 04:53 PM