Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
Hurricane Florence - Category 4

[Image: 0911-en-forecast-glaros-7pm-1655670-640x360.jpg]

Grave warnings have been issued for the Carolinas as Michigan-sized 'monster' Hurricane Florence slows and changes path to promise flooding worse than Hurricane Harvey, up to four FEET of rain, a 13-foot storm surge and destruction that could cost $170 BILLION.

Over a million people are in the projected direct path and have been ordered to evacuate by today.  25 million people are expected to be impacted.

And, of course, there are residents in the evacuation zones who are telling reporters they're staying put to protect their homes and/or businesses.  I understand that inclination, but it's a stupid risk to take.  I hope they get lucky, but if Mother Nature hits them hard, they're screwed.  Officials say they are not going to risk rescue workers' lives to try and assist/save those folks.

I have to fly to Missouri tomorrow morning and hope I don't end up getting delayed for hours if flights are cancelled or delayed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - by HairOfTheDog - 09-12-2018, 11:42 AM