Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
COOPER HARRIS, 2, DIES IN HOT CAR: JUSTIN HARRIS CHARGED WITH MURDER
That's interesting information, Scientists. I don't know much about car seats myself, but I can see your point.

There could be reasons (other than a premeditated attempt to explain why he couldn't see his son) that Harris was using that old car seat with that level of strap adjustment. I hope the make/model of the seat is released to the public -- I'd be interested in hearing from you whether the seat and strap settings are actually recommended and/or common practice once we know the seat specs.

It could be that some of the points cited in the probable cause document and hearing have since been investigated and deemed to have reasonable non-incriminating alternate explanations -- maybe the car seat is one of them. If there are other probable cause justifications that also don't support an intentional murder charge, it could explain why the death penalty was taken off the table.

Law enforcement hasn't amended the charges or given any details about why they've chosen not to pursue a capital case, so I'm just speculating. There could be other reasons (unrelated to evidence) why LE chose to drop the death penalty option so quickly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Leaving kids or animals in the car. - by Cutz - 06-19-2014, 08:14 PM
RE: Leaving kids or animals in the car. - by Cutz - 06-22-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: COOPER HARRIS, 2, DIES IN HOT CAR: JUSTIN HARRIS CHARGED WITH MURDER - by HairOfTheDog - 11-10-2014, 09:53 AM