Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How young is too young?

I say many not so nice things about society in general yet I am always blown away by the number of people who help those accounts grow to tens of thousands of dollars.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
When my grandpa went in the hospital I didn't know what to do with my grandma during the day because she had severe Alzheimers disease. I dropped her off at his hospital room everyday until I got off work and got away with that for about a week. They finally called me and said that I can't be leaving this lady up here for 8 hours a day. I guess my grandpa wasn't allowed to have liquids and she gave him a glass of ice water and almost choked him to death.
Did your grandma get taken by protective services?
No, unfortunately not. I hired a black lady to take care of her in her home and she wasn't very happy about that. I told her that the black lady was a friend of grandpas, but she didn't buy it. She said right in front of the lady that Wallace would never leave her alone with a jiggaboo. She was a handful.

hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-25-2014, 12:37 PM)sally Wrote: I told her that the black lady was a friend of grandpas, but she didn't buy it. She said right in front of the lady that Wallace would never leave her alone with a jiggaboo. She was a handful.
nice.
My grandma always talks highly of her colored hairdresser.
My grandma was a Christian extremist so I never realized what a racist she was until I had to take care of her. We were waiting on the elevators at the hospital and she whispered to me "eenie meanie miney mo, catch a nigger by his toe" and started laughing. Maybe it was just the alzheimers talking, I don't know.
McDonald's issued a statement late last week indicating that Debra Harrell's lawyer was wrong in claiming that she was fired after her arrest for child abandonment. Good to hear.

"It would not be appropriate to discuss an employment matter in the media, but I can confirm that this employee has not been terminated," McDonald's Rep Lisa McComb wrote on behalf of the owner of the McDonald's location where Harrell worked.

I'm sure her daughter isn't playing in the park while she works, but Debra Harrell is working at the same McDonald's.
(07-28-2014, 10:47 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'm sure her daughter isn't playing in the park while she works, but Debra Harrell is working at the same McDonald's.

I'm glad to hear that she didn't get fired. Hopefully the arrest goes away as well.

Maybe she'll get the kid into summer camp or something.

I think how old you can leave them at depends on the child as well. I've been babysitting a 10 year old this week that can't be left alone for 5 minutes. Oh my God this kid is like speedy Gonzales on crack with a 5 hour power chaser.